Wednesday, June 15, 2011

News Update:Kim Hyun Joong

I am a few weeks late to report on this but I dun think it matters.

Ooo Lala! Our Oppa Kim Hyun Joong has certainly turned from cutie boy to hottie buffy suave matured man! Apart from the obvious short crop he is spotting, his whole attire has also changed. His new mini album is also steering him into a more serious singer wannabe than the previous teeny bobby boy band singer.

I definitely Love this new look. HOT! Sizzling Hot! As if my summer isnt hot enough...such a visual delight. However, my excitement kind of stop there.

As my regular readers will know me for being brutally honest in writing what I think, this time round I hold no exception. I think the main track isnt really that great. In fact, neither do I like the way the MV was directed. I know Oppa is putting in ALOT of efforts to improve his dancing but ahem..sorry, I wasnt very impressed with the Break down MV. Because he is now dancing with a bunch of professional dancers in a group, his inadequacies were showing up even more glaringly. His motions were split seconds slower than everyone else. His body looks kinda stiff and i  sense somewhat hesitation in his moves (like he was acting out the memorised steps rather than making the moves his), and most of all, the dance step transitions were not fluid at all. They were jerky, and I felt like I was seeing a dance student rather than a dancer. It was a little awkward frankly to actually see him "try too hard" in his moves. Plus, his choreographer must either be the same one every one uses or he isnt very original because the moves looked very copied. It's overused moves are losing its appeal, and boring.

In the other MV "Please", I think the execution of the idea sucks. I love the frame freeze moment showing Oppa as if he was in a story. Those were good. It was the solo and group dance part that I dislike. I felt the scenes do not gel at all and ahem, again, his dance moves were not very polished.

Those glaring flaws aside, Oppa;s vocal actually sounded pretty nice. He just need a better sound writer that will give him a hit song, not a mediocre song riding on his fame to be a hit. Know what I mean? In terms of catchy song, I would rather listen to "Can't Nobody" by 2NE1 than Oppa's new release.

Btw, have you gals heard, Oppa is already dating another celeb for 10months. I wonder who the lucky girl is to catch his eyes!! Lucky gal!!!

Okie for those who wants to see the video I have been critic'ing.




No comments: