Sunday, October 23, 2011

E-Music: Sultry Blue

My stiff neck is giving me a headache so I have to push back my Ouran High review post..instead, while I was listening to my Mac, I thought it would be nice to share this tune with you guys. While I know most of you love the OST tracks, thought will be nice to deviate once in a while to introduce some of my favs.


This time round, here's a lounge chill track Sultry Blue which is the sort of background music and yet has enough character to stand on its own without being too mellow. Do I make sense? hahaha! Well, check it out (on the left) and you can judge for yourself. (Dwnload)


At the same time, I really really like the track "Price Tag" performed by Xenia from the Voice contest. I thought she did a way better rendition than the original Brit singer. There is something very unique and intriguing about Xenia's voice. It has a magnetic quality that really draws me to her when she is singing the right song. I hope Papa Blake will really groom her and have her talent blossom even more! If I were to pick base on voice, I kinda prefer hers to Taylor Swift. More importantly, I am really getting tired of all the techno soul-less tracks that is overwhelming the market that is based more on "sexy" images than talent. Can someone please just try to revamp the music industry to what it was - talent and meaningful songs that will last decades....

While watching cable TV, I heard "Mad World" on and surprisingly, I thought this version was way better than the original Tears for Fears's version. The slow haunting version was oddly more in tune with me than the original fast beat tune.

No comments: