Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mirae's choice....after Episode 6, my interest is waning.

Just finished watching "Mirae's choice"  (Marry him if you dare) espisode 6 and I was kinda like "Nooooooooo!!!" I want Se joo to win. I'm so sick of him playing second fiddle all the time and never getting the gal...though technically the gal he was supposed to have was the TV presenter afterall...but still.

I started this series mainly for Jung Yong Hwa being in it. To be honest, his acting chops was rather non existent even up to "Addicted to you" drama after "YAB" but in here, I noticed that he was somewhat more natural like a fish in water. His smile...damn those dazzling smile!!!! He can leave me zombified just thinking about those smile or even pondering looks the whole day after watching an episode....



I had liked this drama when it first aired because primarily Lee Dong Gun as Shin is soooooo adorable and infuriating at the same time, while Yong as Se-Joo is just plain yummilicious, seemingly like a (uber rich) underdog I want to root for, emotionally that it. However, it's abit annoying that he is playing second lead and second fiddle again. Arrrrghhh the injustice to our Ikeman!!!

However by episode 4, the excitement wore off and while both male leads are still very watchable, I cant say the plot itself is as enticing as some other better dramas. It's getting to be a little draggy and while I know its to develop Shin's character (change) and his feelings for Mi-Rae, still, I get impatient at the "Oh I dont know which guy to choose" part.

Of course we all know that Mi-Rae is going to end up with Shin at the rate its going and with so little hang out opportunity with Se Joo. That's what making watching this drama so painful, that Se-Joo stands no chance at all with Mi-rae. He's just like a blooper in her life, no thanks to Auntie Mi-rae. What makes it more unbearable is the pairing of Sejoo with Yoo Kyung the presenter. I dont like her character. Of course the drama tries now to turn down her bitchy level but too late, damage done. No matter what, I will feel like Se Joo is a sucker to marry her.

The problem with the twist is that the plot doesnt account very well how Yoo Kyung's rumoured relationship with Shin can die down soooo fast. And how Se Joo a person who is on his guard will reveal and care for Yoo Kyung so quickly.

In this episode 6, what annoys me the most was the post arson scene when Se Joo went to check on Mirae. Seeing her with Shin was like a shock and pang, that I get but what I dont get is why does he need to listen to that annoying Yoo Kyung to not approach Mi-Rae?


Seriously dude, if you REALLY like the gal, you would naturally ignore anyone who stops you and rush to the chick to ask if she is ok regardless if there is a rival. That's natural human behavior no? Plus who gives the nosy presenter';s opinion a rat arse?  what gives her the right to tell Se Joo what to do, apart that we all know it's her own selfish desire of not wanting to see Se Joo with Mi rae at work here, rather than genuinely caring for anyone's feelings?

The ending part when he smiled after Mi rae offered to give him a quick massage on his shoulder, that smile...the "I thought I lost you but hey I'm not out of the game yet" smile...hahaha. He truly is like a little boy here!



I like Shin. I do. I too like his slow change in character and stop being such an tightarse living by principle and understandable outcast. The part where he initiated to hold Mi-rae's hand and stuck it in his jacket pocket was soooo "Oh my, look at you, you rascal" Hahahaha. I gave an excited yelp here! haha



However the thing is, much that I like Se Joo too, he being the next heir, he can play hardball (because he has to think from the perspective as a business owner) which might be too much for sensitive innocent Mirae.

The only problem is I cant stand Yoo Kyung. It's ok if Se Joo ends up with someone else but HER? They dont even look good physically together. She looks too old for him. I would have much prefered if they paired him up with someone who is equally professional but not bitchy, but quietly rooting for Sejoo and finally having her feelings reciprocated later. At least then I can feel happy ending for 2 couples instead of 1.

Oh well....I'm losing hope for this series but thankfully there is still "THE HEIRS", oh my Lee Minho as delightful rich boy with much angst & sorrow - Kim Tan. In comparison, the heir is keeping me glued and hungry for more while my desire to watch Mirae choice is waning off.

Lee Minho is simply irresistable here...OMG. he is soooooo freaking cute. The smile, the hair, the everything! I'm swooning!



No comments: