Monday, June 1, 2009

My Queen Last episode 21/ 败犬女王 21



part 2
part 3
part 4

part 5

part 6

part 7

Afterthought (Spoiler)

This episode is kinda too far fetching for me. How can it be POSSIBLE that she is totally uninjured when she is FIRST in LINE facing the explosion? No burns? No broken bones? Just some soot smearing on the face? After all that she can talk so much on the phone? COME ON? Too incredible to be believable. Imagine her colleague who was way way much further would suffer from broken neck and bones...and yet she look as if she just fallen into a pit hole rather than a HUGE explosion which had other burnt victims sent to the hospital. At least she should suffer from some degree of burns and not completely well just because she landed on some mattress. Even more ridiculous she got out of lorry and in the hospital, Wushuang was sooo clean and flawless without bruise, without a single scratch or broken bone and Romeo looks worse off!!!

Sure I was hoping she wont die but the fact they whitewash the severity of her injuries spoilt the whole thing for me...also, they overdid the sob story portion where Lucas called the station to share his whole long love story. I dont believe a radio station would hold the line soooo long for one person.

Anycase, its a happy ending. Lucas went to overseas for his 2 years stint since his gf now has the confidence in herself and him. He completed his studies and came back. Wushuang's mum married her magazine boss. After the wedding ceremony, Lucas proposed to Wushuang with the diamond ring, telling her he is finally able to purchase the ring (she wanted) and support a family. Wushuang told him she will accept the ring but she will think about his proposal as she is having a good time now and too busy with her schedule. He "complain" she has rejected his proposal over 10 times already...

This is the thing about romantic comedy Taiwanese drama...they almost always fail to convince me. While I loved this drama ALL THE WAY...i think the last episode while a happy note, was somewhat midly unsatisfactory for me...

2 comments:

Caths Deen said...

I agree with you that the lack of injuries was just too unbelievable. I thought the ending, although good, left me unsatisfied. It was still a good show, I'd say. My favorite parts were in the middle when Lucas already fell for Wushuang.

TvAdddict said...

Yeah...maybe I was unsatisfied primarily that they didnt get married, and instead Wushuang asserted her new found love for independence. I know the message was that it is perfectly fine to be single woman after age 35 and one can still be happy with an enriching life, but still, call me a sucker, i would like it better that in her new found independence, she found time to get married, showing that one can balance the 2 together as well...

However like you, i love the middle bits too when they were bickering and slowly discovering their affections for each other. I think Lucas (Ethan's) funny face and antics really draw me into the show:)

Now that this is over...a new void... hope something else better come on soon!