Thursday, December 2, 2010

A quick one on Merry Stayed out all night.

I was so dead tired after my Jap paper that I crashed in and dead to the world today. When I woke, I was totally concussed and blur. So this silly piglet ended up washing her face with the wrong soap! Instead of my facial cleanser, I ended up using my Muji handsoap! Because I am using Neostrata, so the color and texture is the same, and i was still thinking, hmmm..how come my facial cleanser smells so nice today...and if it wasnt bad enuff, I accidentally used my tube of facial cream makeup remover as my toothpaste!!! How ridiculous is that!!! So I had a foamy mouth and a dry cracked up face! I had to dash and bring out my heavy duty moisturer to compensate for all the oil stripped away from my face! Muji hand soap works too well.....sob sob...

Now that I have whined enough.....Back to drama!
Oh I managed to catch a few episodes of Merry stayed out all night...and while I like JGS in Hyun nim there, I do not like his hairstyling and image in here...esp ep 1...he looks like a complete sleazeball!

It could be me but I dont like Moon GY in here. She doesnt suit this role and I think she tries too hard to be cute which is not coming through like Park did with Go Minam character. She is missing the cutesness X factor for me and at some point, I feel like the director was trying to recreate the "sauve'' hyung-nim and the naive innocent girl that follows him around like a puppy. (similar to how Go Minman with Hyun nim)  Moon was way better in Cinderella sister's character. Maybe it is the stupid awful blown up hair that turned me off too. Most of all, Sorry, but its too soon to try to do another reprisal like YAB.

However that said, JGS did his role as a talented but non-famous band-singer perfectly. He was literally like a fish in water, giving the rock star coolness pretty well except a few scene where I felt his teasing laughter of Merry borders on a little fake...

Not sure if I am tired while watching it but the show doesnt draw me in. It's abit slow, and draggy and frankly I do not sense the chemistry between the 2 leads. They have too independent feel and I find the actress was äcting cute and sweet than feel she is that way. To me, that's a big failure if the drama cannot convince me even the personality of the character as [real]

And then there is Kim Jae Wook. I really really adore him in Coffee prince as the gay dude, but in here, minus the pony tail and the half zombie-dead like, dead panned character without much smiles, again I couldnt really feel for him here. It was almost like it was a different actor in here.

After watching so much drama, I realise the success of a drama isnt solely how credible or talented or good your cast is, it is the producer and casting and direction of the drama that plays a huge part! In here, I think the 3 main casts are credible actors in their own right but the drama just seem to fall flat. (another case to prove, it isnt KHJ oppa fault for the dismal rating for Mischievous kiss! )

I just think they chose poorly for the Merry character here and the character development for both the male leads are too slow-burning, unable to reel us in. Plus alot of the scenes are so cliche or predictable that it no longer held any surprises nor excitement. And what is this "Merry "Xmas" taunting which is sooo childish and inane. 24yr old people / man dont act like that....do they?!

Sorry JGS dong-saeng, but this season, noona's whole heart and soul is committed to Hyun Bin oppa....he is just too delectable and adorable and loveable. (I better stop before I droool)  Plus Han Ji won really rock here too in Secret garden.

Well, I still have 3 more ep to catch up to the current for Merry show just as a support for JGS. Hopefully it gets better!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i seriously agree with you! their characters DON'T suit at all with their personality. thus, it turns the story to be dull.