Thursday, March 29, 2012

J-Movie: High School Debut

Firstly, I think Junpei is quite cute here. The hair or something, he is the cutest ever here in all the drama I have seen him in.


Now that I have got that adoration over Junpei out, I will say the movie sucks. If I thought "Paradise" was sucky, this manga adaption is even worse....

High School Debut (http://www.koigashitai.com/)  was one of my favourite manga comic quite a few years back. The characters were cute and adorable, and there was a nice healthy chemistry between the 2 lead for a shoujo manga.


 The movie of course was as faithful to the manga plot but somehow it didnt translate very well. Apart from Junpei who is probably the only worthy actor in the show, (not saying that because he is cute here), the rest are like some B or C grade trying to make it actors and actresses who didnt fare very well in this B Grade movie.

The movie in short was badly executed, the girl too "act cute" and "dim witted" and the whole premise about her being clueless in finding a boyfriend is way toooo exaggerated. Ok, i know Shoujo manga is generally never realistic but her stupidity is kinda overboard and her acting too stiff.

This movie fell flat in delivery, entertainment value and honestly, a waste in money in production. Suppose to be comedy but I only find myself groaning in agony and dismay. You dont find me smiling one bit. Only saving grace was Junpei. Nice overhaul in his looks I will give it to them. Maybe its the hair..gotto be the hair.. have I said that already?

My verdict is, watch this only if you are super bored, trying to waste time, or just watching it for Junpei. Watching it to improve your Japanese is also the only other validated reason.

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

haha...I really liked this movie...it's totally cute and fluffy ^^^...and the lead actress crows on you as the time went by...

Tvadddict said...

Lucky you! I think I am unable to stomach overtly "fluffy" movies now...gasps! I am getting old!! lol!
The lead actress doesnt grow on me at all, maybe Junpei looks too good here ! I realise that I dont take adaptions of my fav mangas very well...lol