Thursday, October 29, 2009

waiting patienty still for YAB...

Waiting patiently for latest YAB subbed episode to be released..sigh. Read that the subbers are deliberately delaying the ep7 release because they wanted to "prove" someone has stolen their subs. There is sooo much "fire" going on in viikii about someone stealing their subs, it was like "wow!! what did i step into kinda atmosphere..."

Reading though all the posts and comments, I felt the whole thing seem to be tipping over. Much that I appreciate the subbers' hardwork and understand their frustrations over the "theft", the whole affair has become pretty scary...While I personally would also be dismayed if anyone else "steals" my summaries and passing it off as theirs, yet I dont think I will get so fired up since none of us actually owned the copyright to the videos technically speaking. I just feel that we are lucky to even get to watch the raws online with no repercussions...

For me, I figured we took it upon ourselves with all the subbing and translations at our own expense and time because we wanted to share the drama with the rest, and not because we want to be popular on the internet. So if that was the "good" intention to being with, I just thought there really is no need to get so upset since people who like the site will always return to the original site... perhaps I am seeing it all too simply and missing something important here.

If anyone should really be upset, I reckon the Korean production house are the only entitled ones since all these internet streaming with subs actually potentially eat into their overseas media sales... The celebs wont be too bothered since they just get more popular from greater exposure. *chuckles*

Well, thankfully I just stick to doing summaries from raw videos. At least I will never be embroiled in those tussles and I dont have to ever feel guilty about uploading a video which isnt mine (legally owning the original vcd does not equate the right to upload it in public channels).

And now we understand why Microsoft and Record companies are pissed abt all the piracy and clamming it down so hard. It's the same theory isnt it? People "stealing" their work....and the copyright owners starts to get vindictive...What happen to "sharing" without care? Sigh...

No comments: