Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New T-Drama: Down with Love" (就想賴著妳)

Just a little variant away from korean drama and variety shows....

Taiwanese drama just started on "Down with Love" (就想賴著妳) starring Jerry yan and Ella from S.H.E.

Watch
Episode 1
(with eng sub)

Plot
Basically Jerry Yan plays Yu Ping, a top-notch brillant lawyer who is good at divorce and inheritance lawsuits. While proficient in his job, he is a very cool, smart, sharp tongued guy and cold too. Not to mention he dislikes children but he had to care for the 2 niece and nephew as his brother died in a accident. The 2 made his life chaotic as they constantly play pranks on the nanny he hired, as they wanted to draw his attention. At absolute exasperation with the kids tactics as well as nannies hitting on him, he finally accepted his secretary suggestion to hire her sister as his nanny, with the assurance that her tomboyish sister will not fall in love with him by lying that she does not like men at all. This begins the cross path and tribulations of relation between the 2. Jerry has a best friend who is in love with Herry's love interest. Incidentally the love interest is some celeb resulting in the hush hush relationship below the media radar.

Ella Chen plays "Yang Guo" and the role of a nanny of two children. She and her sister used to be daughters of some wealthy family but was abandoned by their father when he went bankrupt. Unlike her shrewd sister, Ella's character is more innocent, naive and non calculative. She is under the thumb of her sister when it comes to "earning money". She was ditched by several bf because she was "boring and unsexy" and her first encounter with Jerry had been unplesant resulting in her losing her waitress job, thus ending up as his nanny.

Initial Review
I have seen the first ep and frankly, Jerry isnt that bad here. At least I thought the show was intriguing enough. Ella isnt pretty but I think she deliver her role well enough here for now. Her "blur" look and heart broken scenes were both sad and funny enough too.

try it and let me know what u guys think.

1 comment:

Nimy said...

@tvaddict,I watched Down with Love (DWL) ..2 eps …surprisingly I like it :)…and I like Ella …Do youu know what this means ?I couldn’t bear to watch her onscreen in Taiwan Hanakimi …but I like her here and Jerry is ok ,though he acts like a hot shot lawyer ,he really doesn’t look smart !!!..but who cares ,he’s got great cheekbones ;0 and hair is much better here ,though its high time he went for a new look !!!….I love the sister

One thing I hate about tdramas is that they give little or no character development to minor characters …they just throw a lot of beautiful people together and expect them to brew magic ,I am yet to watch a tdrama that made me go wow !!!!but I guess I will be watching this one

@arlyene ..this one is just for you …you persisted ,you convinced me ….I am on 10th ep of Stars falling form the sky or Wish upon a star or….This drama has a lot of heart and that am saying not being in love with the male lead . …..

my thoughts -ep 1 was fantastically jarring - with ugly hairdos and equally uncompelling leads ..but something happened in ep 2 that was unexpected .I had to keep watching ,l really wanted to see how they would survive -its when ur basic needs -food,shelter ,clothing gets affected that the real character comes out and pal kang rose to the occasion and all my hatred just vapourised .I used to think she was ugly ,no,she's beautiful..perception ,people ,perception .. palkang and her siblings,its them who are the stars ..male leads could be anyone ,I couldnt care less but sibling bond especially among orphans is superstrong and thats heartwarming

the second male lead should have been the hero...he has everything going for him except the script ...Shin Dong Wook is a cool guy and I root for him ...Its like he really wants to help everyone but script wouldnt let him..I can actually see him holding himself back ,his charisma....The main guy ,Kim Ji hoon has a strange face -its looks equally ugly & handsome ...I think hes going to look ugly in old age .....He is thoroughly professional ,a winner .......and did I tell you there is a Grown up Jeremy in this -an adorable nephew universally called as 'Dol'(crazy)...

Will I finish it ?Yes ,but It would be more fun marathoning it ....I dont like how it has turned out in ep 10 ....am yet to watch ep 11 & 12