Sunday, March 7, 2010

T drama: Down with love overview


Before I knew it, it has been over a month since I last blog anything!!! Gasp!!! Did time really passed by so quickly!!!

In between my busy schedule, I manage to squeeze time in to watch some drama. PrimArily I was in a marathon dash to finish the Taiwanese drama "down with love"... Much that I dun fancy Ella very much as an actress, yet this drama was way better than I had expected. Or perhaps solely because I dint pin any hope and thus was pleasantly surprised by my enjoyment of the series!

I have to confess, I actually kinda like Jerry Yan here. I never like him as an actor previously as I dun think he knows how to act except to act cool in his roles. I didn't think he has any depth to try to capture the essence if the characters that he played in all his previous roles. I dun dislike him, I just think he was a pretty vase. In here, perhaps the role suits him or that he has mature a little and I like him here, if not quite bemused by the guy he played in here. Jerry had captured the sort of rollercoasrer emotions rather well, the anticipation the exitment and the anger... Maybe his personal experience might hVe help himinterpret the reqiuired emotions better here.
In short, I think he suceeded in getting audience to laugh with him and sympathize his predicament.

As for Ella, no offence but she is just not my cup of tea when it comes to romance drama.she is too act cute and her naive silly expression doesn't convince me that I should root for her. I think she is ok incomic roles but in romance with so many cute guys after her is frankly asking too much of my stretch of imagination. I am not saying cute good looking successful man will never fall for plain janen
but truth is, it's as rare as finding a goldmine in your backyard.. Know wat I mean? Acting skills, she is still a little out there for me. Not sure if it's the script or just her. Seeing her and Jerry as a couple gives me the creeps so totally unbelievable..

However the actress who plays Ella sister is good and funny!! I think she did fantastic job protraying a penny conscious yet doting sister...

The story board is that Ella and her sister are abandoned by their debt ridden dad. To raise Ella on her own, the sister abandon her dream as an interior designer and become accountant at a law firm tomake ends meet. Her lawyer boss played by Jerry yan had an underground love relationship with a celeb who is his uni sweetheart. Their relationship is under wrapped as his gf wanted to protect her career as an idol. Only Jerry best fren in uni knows their relationship. His best fren was Also the girl's exbf but he lied that they were not because he wanted to help her get hitched with Jerry. Ella had 2 bad brushes with Jerry and by chance became t
jerry niece and nephew baby sitter. From misunderstding, Jerry originally
misstood Ella as a gay.

To protect her job and her sister killing her from paying penalty if she was fired by Jerry, Ella went along pretending to be gay. By chance she also get to know Jerry best fren when she was ditched by her ex. After spending
much time and several mishap together, Jerry realised he was falling for Ella after his gf decided to reject Jerry proposal and ended their romance. By the time his exbf wanted to patch back, it was too late as his heart was with Ella who didn't realised. The gf unable to accept the facts that she lost Jerry ESP to a plain Jane seemed Jerry best fren help. The dude was still in love with her and thus agreed to help by going after ella himself si that Jerry willback off. It worked inkeeping Jerry from revealing his budding love to Ella but it did not bring Jerry and his ex back. The ex gf schemed and tried all
means to winjerry back but in vain...

Meanwhile Ella sister was devasted as she had carried atorch for Jerry best fren all along. However she learnt to accept the facts after hearing jerrys inner thoughts abt wanting the person he love to be happy...

In the end, well it's a happy ending for Jerry of course but it's nice to see how they get there....

The story is not riveting but if I have time, it does have a strong pull to keep me fixated till I must go out. There are funny moments- more from jerry and quite a good drama to watch to pass time. Would I recommend it, yeah not bad. Why not if u have the time?

Those who doesnt need the English Subs can watch the whole completed series here in You tube. Here is the starting point for Ep 6 (watch Ep 6 -Part 1). You can follow the rest based on the uploader channel.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I've just watched till ep 4. (still struggling to find time to watch the rest between my tasks and reports T_T) So far it's interesting and of course very funny ^^, but still like i said before, i just can't see ella and jerry as a pair, and also.. how can jerry turned her heart to ella so fast. I mean..i just watch it till ep 4, but i already saw that jerry started to fall in love with ella. he just broke up with his long time girlfriend, but it seems so easy to start falling in love again. Anyway..I will continue to watch it. I love jerry's male nephew, yu ting...gosh..how can a liitle boy can act as good as him. the little boy was also in "autumn's concerto" another taiwan drama. My friend recommend me this drama and said that it's very good. Have u watched this? I might ask your opinion if u have watched it.
For korean drama, I think I'll wait for "personal taste" and "oh my lady". though i don't really like love story between older woman and younger man.

Tvadddict said...

Yeah I totally agree with u. It's like he was sooooo in love with his exgf and even propose to her, and suddenly wham bang, she is out of the pix and all he can think about is ella....

However, if I take that incredulous logic out, and discard the fact that they make everyone in love with ella, the show is pretty interesting to follow.

Oh I havent watch Autumn's concerto yet though everyone said its good. I havent found time to follow it...lacking way behind amid all the work and other things I have to do in real life....

The little boy is quite! he reminds me of the little child actor "xiao bin bin" from HK i think. They looked rather alike and very cute.... :) esp when he has that big sobbing eyes.... :)