Sunday, June 6, 2010

K-Drama: Cinderella Sister Review

Finished the 20 eps of Cinderella Sister and all I can say its a super disappointing ending. It's pretty lame and it didnt event tie in with the MV at all. Some of the scenes in the MV wasnt even in the episodes. How on earth did that happen?

Anycase, the drama started strong with a good plot and halfway by ep 11, it started to lose its plot, meander off course and fell into the trap of prolonging teary moments and a doom to fail effort in trying to win desperately audience's attention for the love triangle which nothing novel nor interesting. There is nothing wrong with the acting, to be honest i think the cast's acting was pretty good and delivered their emotions aptly. It was the scriptwriter that had let them down with a mediocre storyline that went in circles and circles with no real anchor point except hoping to succed riding on the actor/actresses skills.

I couldnt even decide if the title was aptly named. The premise was about the stepsister wanting to get revenge but no where in the storyline did it ever present itself that way. There were petty behaviour for sure but nothing that strikes me as all vengeful and evil. In fact, the story wasnt even just about stepsister. It was more about the guy and 2 sisters. I think the title might be better off as "Cinderella: Happily ever after"

I managed to get through it only because I didnt like to get started at something and review it, without finishing it off. I wanted to be fair and my review to "stand its ground".

While there are some nice moments, it just got worse and wose by ep 18. Ep 19 and 20 faired abit better but on the whole, u can give this a miss unless you just want something to occupy your time without being too mindless.

4 comments:

Martz said...

oh my..so the ending is really bad? hmm..guess have to see it myself..i'm still at ep 7.

tvadddict said...

it's not the worse kind of really bad ending, it's just a very slipshot anticlimax lame ending... that makes u go "huh.../ that's it??" ep 7 is still good. It's after they hit the 2 digit mark ep that you start to see the downward slop begins...still I wont take that ride away from you, it's still ok drama to watch... let me know wat u and ur frens think after you are done:)

Arianna said...

I'm happy that I managed to read this review... Actually I've wanted to watch this drama, because everybody said it was pretty cool...BUT..20 episodes for a dissatisfactory feeling...
I guess I'll choose something else! :)
thanks!!!

Tvadddict said...

Well Arianna, I honestly do not think it is cool BUT it is way better than Moon Lovers(starring Kimura) for sure!