Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Personal taste, not quite personal but good enough

Finally finished Personal Taste last night.

It's not great, but its not too bad. If only they bothered to improve the lead actress character a little bit more believeable and less naive. Are there really that many naive trusting ladies in this developed society?

The drama borders on irritation whenever she came on screen but I couldnt bear to skip the scenes with Minho. I have to admit, I like Lee Minho here way way more than when he was in Hana Dori (F4) . In here, he felt accessible and real, and gosh he does look good here. Must be the hairstyle. He isnt exactly dashing but his boyish smile can be rather captivating.... the scene where he was looking "lustfully" at the nape of her neck while she was blow drying her hair, and he kissed her...OMG....kill me. I can hardly breathe.

The execution of the drama shooting isnt quick pace enough and the ending felt abit lame. I didnt think the sleeping together scene was necessary and I actually fast forward the whole kissing scene. Perhaps my faint heart couldnt bear to see him getting all erotic, leaving my imagination at work! Nooooooo...haaaa

And did i fast forward too much because I didnt understand how did his mum come round suddenly to liking the gf again? I thought she was dead against it and suddenly she accepted the situation as if it wasnt a big deal after the fuss that she rather die etc etc than see her son with a woman who had anything to deal with the traitors? Plus, Minho promised his mum he would get the house back...errr...what happened to that? I doubt he can pull if off now since he has reach some sort of common undestanding with the ex-rival...

All in all, a good relaxing drama to watch when nothing else in the current drama realm has anythign else good to offer. The most interesting character for me was actually the Gay Art director. His straight face makes me laugh and his actions made him very endearing.

While it isnt an A-star celestial sort of drama, yet it made me more appreciative of Lee Minho as an potential actor. That he isnt just a pretty face. It must be his eyes that I am besotted with...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I think it should be 'hana yori dango' instead of 'hana kimi' :)
same with u...i skip those kiss and bed scenes. it's a useless scenes for me. in all 3 korean drama that i watched recently, pt, cs and oh my lady, none was really great, just nice.
glad that u finally come back and have time to watch drama again

Nomad said...

Well spotted! It was a test to see who is the first one to correct me! haaa LOl. Nah I am bullshitting. Thanks for correcting the typo :)

yeah useless is apt description. I think they are just trying to draw it out for LMH's fans' fantasty...

I know what u mean..nothing is great after the high standard YAb had put forth... its almost depressing...but good in a way that I dont feel like I should be watching Tv instead of doing somehing else! Hooo Hooooo

Yeah I am glad to be back and watching drama too!! I feel like I have so much to catch up!!!!