Thursday, January 22, 2009

Boys before Flower (F4) Drama and OST (Korean) - Part 1

Korea is now airing their version of hit series -F4 drama! If u still have no idea what I am talking about, well watch the english sub videos here.

I really liked the following tracks from the newly released drama OST. They are nice! Enjoy! (Please also look for part 2 post)

- Track2: Nae Meoriga Nabbaseo by SS501. (download)

- Track 3: 알고있나요 (Algoinnayo) by Someday (
download)

- Track 6: 별빛눈물(Byeolbinnoonmoo) by Kim Yoo Kyung (
download)

- Track 7: Jogeumeun (Insert Theme) by Seo Jin Young (
download)

BBF OST 2: Download

If you havent heard of F4, you must be living in an alternate universe:)

After the craze has swept through Taiwan (Meteor Garden ) and Japan (Hana yori Dango ), the popular manga turned drama is has created major attention in Korea with the Korean version of "Boys before Flower" - F4 drama.



The Korean version slightly differ from the original with change of name, and certain elements, naturally to fit into the Seoul context. Most importantly of all, the Korean version stay true to the manga plot as much as possible which is great for manga fans!

The main essence doesnt change. Comparing all the F4 cast for the 3 countries, I must say Taiwan has the best cast selection (visual appeal) esp for the Lead actor Domyoji, while Korea's overall cast has the cutest and most fitting Hanazawa Rui - acted by Kim Hyun Joong (singer from pop group SS501, one of the hottest current band in Korea).

Hyun Joong is such an eye candy..... and I much prefer his version of the more laid back but natural version of Rui, unlike the Taiwan and Japan version that look halfdead....I dont normally think much of guys with sissy girl haircut and dyed in a light shade but well, Hyun Joong certainly pulled it off, while maintaining his boyish charm........ :) (PS: the picture doesnt does him much justice. Watch the video and he looks much better there!)




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never getting bored watching hana yori dango over and over, I mean from the taiwan version, japan version, and now the korea version.
each had their own good point tough, so I won't compare them and just watch it as a brand new drama.
I've watched the korea version till ep6, and so far it's great.
You know, for the taiwan and japan version,I'm a big fan of RUI, but for this korea version I prefer Tsukasa. Is bot that I don't like Kim Hyun Joong, but The 'tsukasa' that Lee min hoo act just a way too cute ^^ anyway my fav is not tsukasa, but KIM BUM (sojiro)...his smile was so gorgeous.
Seems like it's going to be a big hit ^^

Nomad said...

Yeah!!!! Glad to know someone else is watching this drama too!!!! (and talk about it:P)I am up to ep 6 too and I cannot wait for Rui to challenge tsukasa! Will it be a swim match instead of basketball like the manga i wonder...

I totally agree! i can never get tired of HYD. so much so that even though i watched it free on TV, I bought the DVD set anycase so that i can rewatch it anytime:)

I know what you mean about Kim Bum as Sojiro! The korean version of him is very cool and his smile is indeed gorgeous (esp at the beach scene)!!! I am not smitten by the Lee Min hoo as Tsukasa.... somehow he doesnt fit the image I have from the manga. He is not silly enough, which the japan version did really well.

Maybe I just like HyunJoong as Rui more than the other countries because he doesnt look overly introvert or quiet. There is an impishness to him that didnt quite come through in other versions.

Perhaps...after watching the Korean reality series - We got married with Hyun Joong, My perception of him completely changed and influenced. Have you seen it? If not u should!!!!!!!
HE IS HILARIOUS there!! I was laughing my socks off in that series (ep 9 -38)

Back to BBF, it is for sure to be a hit! I am like playing the OST song by SS501 over and over again now.......

Anonymous said...

Yes yes,I'm planning to watch the show (we got married). I've heard about the famous "lettuce couple" (Is this how they call the couple?)
Do I need to watch it from the first eps?

Yeahh..if you compare it to manga, matsujun's tsukasa fit the character best. Never mind, I really enjoy the drama though.
I also up to ep 6 and can't wait for next monday to come ^^

About the soundtrack.. it hooked me already. Playing the songs over and over on my player ^^

Happy skiing for you!!!!!!!!

cikda said...

i am watching the show as well..i watched meteor garden and hana yori dango as well..my fav will definately Ah Si...

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I hadn't heard about this yet. I love all the versions of Hana Yori Dango I've seen, and the Korean version is so cute...and hilarious! Thanks for covering this show on your blog, it's so sad to think I would have continued along in ignorance of the Korean F4 hotties... : )

Nomad said...

Hey Cincan,Thanks! It was a great ski indeed!

yes yes! U are right! they are the Lettuce couple in "WGM"!! IT IS absolutely funny!!!!! Of coz there are other couples but I only watch segments which is with HyunJoong because his jokes are sooo 4th dimensional! haaa haaa.

If u want the site that has all the links from episode 9 -38 (featuring only segments on HyunJoong), I know a site which compiles all the active you tube links. Alot of videos clips have been removed.

Yeah the OST is really goooooood isnt it! :)

Nomad said...

Dear Cika,
Yeah ah si is the best among all the versions...but my heart is Rui's....haaa haaa :P

Dear Annoynomous,
Since there are about 24episodes for Korean F4 drama, I would say you are prob still rather "quick" to catch onto the series:) heee heee :P

Anonymous said...

thanks soooooo much for the OST tracks!!!

Anonymous said...

ok yeah. so i watched hana yori dango and then i watched like boys over flowers. the booys in bof are so much better looking! but the girl pisses me off .i watched about till episode 6 then i was lie...i already watched hyd why bother?

Anonymous said...

ha ha!! Join the club! U are NOT the only one who got pissed off by Jandi. Apparently after I ranted about her, I found other people sharing the same views about the clueless crybaby! Most people are only watching due to Jihoo. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the OST! ^-^
Watching this drama and like it so far. I just can't remember the names.. don't know why.. 0.o