Friday, January 9, 2009

Suffering from "Withdrawal"

The past week has been miserable. Most of my fav manga, TV drama and anime are on "one week holiday"...no screening means no entertainment.... my world is bleak and aimless.....

That aside....I am so fed up with crunchyroll....now that they have taken off (thanks to supporters like us), they are now turning their back on us with their dominance of internet Japanese anime.

My fav "Skip Beat" and "Naruto Shippuden" are no longer being free-sub on the internet since Crunchyroll has obtained the sole right to broadcast it online. Even if I want to pay for the damn "special" membership, I still wont be able to watch it because "It is unavailable in my region", essentially only allowing people in america to watch it... How unfair!!!! So what's the point of having internet access if geographical restrictions still exists like PHYSICAL TV?

Now I can only rave and rant in my private domain, moping and mourning over the loss of my weekly anime entertainment..................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what??? that's whats been happening with crunchyroll?? good thing i dont watch anime HAHA. but that sucks.

yeah recently i've been looking for things to watch but i've been so miserable without anything to watch haha. but like bloodymonday subs should b coming out, subbing's not on break are they? LOL its been like weeks...

Nomad said...

sigh... well crunchyroll use to provide anime and drama for free on internet. Then they decide to partner with the anime producers in Japan, and now they are asking for people to PAY for watchin the same series which used to be free. There is nothing wrong asking for "membership fee", but they now LIMIT those series to restricted regions, i'm not sure under whose instructions, and so its back to game zero. This is no difference from waitin for DVD release.

I fail to see how internet screening is serving us if they decide to take a step back to cutting off viewers in other regions apart from the states.

Bloody monday subs are always very slow. Well at least reading my summary u get to know how the story end. I am expecting season 2 if the ratings are good since J got away