Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Innocent Love 08 Summary

Innocent Love 08 Review - Watch Episode 08 here (w/o sub)
[Those who cannot access veoh, here's another link but of lower quality)

Skipping past all the "recap"till the reporter talking to the doctor...

Kano hugged a crying Jun, saying "Brother, Kiyoka san did not return that night, nor the following day."

The next day, Subaru called Jun to say: "I'm with Kiyoka now. From now on, I will take care of her." "Do u love her?" Jun asked. "Subaru paused before acknowledging, to which Jun added, "Then she will be Happy, Thank you". Before Subaru could say anything more, Jun hung the phone up on him.

On the other end, the doctor told the reporter to stop digging up Kano's past, since she has already forgotten everything. The reporter disagreed, rather than forgetting, it was more like Kano had sealed up that memory portion. "Its self defence. People choose to forget things that they cannot face directly." the doctor replied. He warned the reporter " Even if you wrote the article and Kano admitted to the facts, I cannot warrant the sort of tremendous impact it would triggered upon her."

The reporter retorted passionately: "So by pretending I didnt know anything? Even if by pretending that nothing happened, would she be saved with all these false pretence? In the past, I had caused death to one of my interviewee while doing an interview in a girl's school, on the issue of being bullied in school. I KNEW she was hiding something but I didnt bother to thoroughly investigate. She didnt tell a soul about being raped by her schoolmates. She kept hiding it. I only knew the truth upon her death! Her parents noticed something was amiss but chose to ignore the signs. Like them, I am also Guilty." As he stood up, he added "Truth will takes it revenge on the people. Hearing that, the doctor replied. "Perhaps so, precisely so, we need to handle the truth with careful care."

Back at the office, the reporter left a voice mail with Kano, to contact him asap, saying that he found something about her past and would like to talk to her before his article gets published.

Back at home, Kano found Jun staring at the empty bed listlessly. "Its time to flip Kiyo. Even without the alarm, my body consciously awaken by itself. Kiyo used to sleep here......" With that, Jun unexpectedly ripped the bed sheets off the bed and smashed things around venting his frustrations and grief.

At church, NOSY ugly girl asked Jun what is happening with Kiyo. Jun lied that she is with therapy facilities (Note: sorry I' not sure what the place he is referring to. I assume its some care center for people in recovery, so i call it therapy center). Ugly girl was surprised and asked him why? Jun said he got tired and he couldnt care for her. The priest stepped in and asked if its really true? He added didnt Jun said he would never hand over Kiyo to anyone?

"I use to think that way." then he continued to mumble to himself. " I use to worry about her getting back sores if I dun flip her over, and the food restrictions for her diet, I cannot use a normal shampoo or she will get allergies. truly.. I wonder if she is getting on fine?" Immediately he went off to deliver shampoo to Subaru's place only to see Subaru tenderly feeding Kiyo lunch. he left quietly leaving the shampoo behind.

AT home, ugly girl was shocked to see Kano answering the door! Kano apologised for the laundry mess but ugly girl stared at her with her usual snotty face, walked in without a word. Once inside, the jealous ugly cow demanded to know if Kano is living with Jun now and why. "To help with house chores and caring for Kiyoka plus related stuff." Kano innocently replied the cow. Ugly girl immediately said "but isnt Kiyoka no longer living here? It's you isnt it?! Who instigated Jun to send Kiyo away!" Kano quickly denied. The ugly cow continue to spew her toxic rubbish that she used to HATE Kiyoka even though I never had a chance to talk to her. However seeing Jun as he is now, she couldnt bring herself to be happy even though Kiyo is no longer here." Kano didnt rebut ugly cow but agreed saying if only Jun would get back his cheerful spirit, she too wish Kiyo would return.

Ugly girl turned around and sneered, saying "U made it sound as if Kiyo decide to leave this place on her own accord." A honest Kano revealed the truth on her face, and ugly girl face incredulously lit up asking "is that so?!" At that Jun returned, asking ugly girl what's up. Without any shyness, the ugly cow asked outright "Jun are you living together with THIS person?" A slightly surprised Jun replied that Kano had helped him alot. Ugly cow continued "Could it BE that Kiyo didnt like such AN arrangement, with Jun living together with ANOTHER woman. I am not sure how much consciousness that Kiyo had regained fully, however, most normal people would mind such an arrangement." And ugly cow threw vicious dagger looks at Kano! Jun looked abit annoyed at her statement, and ugly cow pretended to be apologetic, adding she was just a little "worried" and excused herself to leave. (BIIIITTTCCCCCCH!!!)

Not giving shit about ugly girl's departure, Jun turned around and told Kano not to worry about what was said. Kano however said that it is indeed true that Kiyo is no longer around, so she shall quickly locate a new apartment and move out. Jun wanted to stop her with a "BUT", then he withheld himself, sighed, and said yeah perhaps so, ok, before dejectedly walked upstairs.

Kano visited Subaru asking is he fine, and what are his plans for the future as it is difficult and tough to care for a person all by himself. "I have always been following and doing Kiyo's bidding since uni, I am used to it. For me and her, its probably some sort of ill-fated (cursed) destiny. For Jun's happiness, I hope I can preserve on. He needs to be released from Kiyo, even though its tough now but this is the best... "

Kano seeing a dejected and lonely Juno spacing out in kitchen, dragged him out for a fun day activity but he wasnt getting any happier. Just when she managed to teased a smile out of him, he got all upset again seeing the red balloon that reminded of him and Kiyo where he had promised to help her hold on forever.

When Kano found him, a strangely out of sort Jun asked her : "Why are you here? Why are you so nice to me? I do not understand. I totally do not understand one bit of what u are thinking. " Then he walked away before a stunned kano.

At home, he ripped out all Kiyo's picture wanting to destroy them but Kano stopped him in time. "There's no more meaning! There's no more love!" Jun exclaimed. "I dun want to see them anymore.

"Then let me safe keep them for the time being. " Kano said. "If u ever feel like seeing them one day, you could take it out to see it. Perhaps many years later, perhaps when you are old. Did I ever tell you? I do not have any family pictures as they are all burnt in the fire. So I dun even have any more memories...However, One day, I'm sure Jun-san will find happiness. To meet someone you like one day, to be married, to be a good father. And after many many of those years later, you will start to reminisce about times u spend with Kiyoka, to fondly rem someone you once loved so dearly, because loving someone and the efforts given in the process is not for asking for some gains in return, even if the person is in love with someone else..."

Jun looked at her and asked why does she have such train of thoughts? "That's because, That's how I believed myself. I can somewhat understand Kiyo's feeling even if she didnt say anything, but I'm sure she could feel your care during her recovery. I dun think there is no love. Because no one would keep spending time with Jun san, and not fall in love with him..." Jun ears picked up and gazed at Kano when he heard Kano's semi-confession.

"Kano-chan........." Jun called out a half dreamy Kano, and they started to look at each other into the eyes. Kano broke eye contact and excused herself to keep the photos and album.

Back at studio, Subaru is working hard to get Kiyo to call Jun's name, asking her what is the name of the man she was supposed to marry. "Forgotten or not wanting to say it? Kiyo, I have already planned to care for u for the rest of my life, but I find it unforgivable for u to forget him." Kiyo seemed to have a change of heart but the door bell rang and presto, its ugly girl (out to rave and rant)!!

Ugly girl immediately questioned Subaru at the door if he knew about Jun sending Kiyo to some therapy facility? Subaru didnt know how to reply and kept quiet. Self absorbed Ugly girl continue to add that its strange, considering all the devoted efforts Jun put into caring for Kiyo in the past.So she came to find out if Subaru know anything. At that point, Kiyo wheeled in coolly into the room before Subaru could reply.

Reeling from shock, ugly girl asked why is Kiyo there. "Didnt Jun tell u?" Subaru asked. A thrown off guard ugly girl replied "Not at all". Subaru coolly replied "then it is better and not my place to say anything." as he started to close the door.

The super nosy ugly cow grabbed the door to stop him and demanded "NO! U have to tell me EVERYTHING! I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW TOO! I too had witnessed Jun and Kiyo coming all these way." Subaru soften his stance and let the ugly cow entered the room. The snotface ugly girl wont even look at Kiyoka as she passed her, and kiyo slightly tilted her head with a questioning look.

Back at home that night, Kano heard Jun playing his new composed tune. Kano soaked herself merrily in his piano playing. Seeing Kano lost and enjoyed his tunes, Jun smiled and shared, "I tried composing a new song. I used to do it but stopped due to caring for Kiyo. Kiyo's time had stopped, so I didnt want to move on by myself either. For if I had moved on by myself, Kiyo would be pitiful. I used to hold those thoughts. However today, seeing those fresh flowers, a tune automatically came flowing to mind, hence i felt like capturing them into notes..." Jun said as he stared at those flowers Kano had earlier put in the vase.

"Its a lovely tune. really! Let's taped it down and send it to Kiyo! She will be pleased! It's because she has recovered and hence we are able to have this song!" Kano said happily. "Its not so!" Jun replied firmly. " This song is written for you Kano-chan. These few days since Kiyo's departure, I really didnt know what to do and at lost. But you were always by my side, encouraging me, thinking back, you were always smiling at me. It is all these that you do, that has a little by little given me support, allowing me to feel that there is someone who is willing to stand by a person like me. Kano-chan, Thank you." Jun smiled at Kano, and she started to cry, asking him to play the song one more time....

Next morning, Jun passed Kano an envelope asking her to accept it, using the money to help her brother, and to repay him a little at a time. "I have decided to move forward, hence, I hope u could also do the same. That is my wishful thinking on my part of course. Let us solve one problem each at a time." Kano thanked him and promised that she would surely returned the sum to him.

"I too have one final request. I hoped you wont leave to stay at other places but stay here forever. That is my hope." Jun said seriously across the table. A touched Kano smiled and agreed with a nod.



As scenes of Jun and Kano happily lived together, Kano is heard to be saying...."Brother, after that moment, it is almost like the dark fog shrouding us is gone. Everyday is bright and cheery. Deep inside me I prayed, that days as such would remain forever.

At the supermarket, the reporter spotted a happy Kano and Jun together normally. He felt conflicted about the truth and his article that is to be published. Back in office, he took out his old article on the school bully, staring at his article (the small heading reads "No one is here to save me") He struggled with himself, with his new article on Kano showing on his computer. ( PC article heading reads: The fire incident, new truth surfaces.)

In a meeting room, the reporter continued to stare uncertainly at the article he wrote about Kano's and fire incident. ( Heading reads: The killer's father had sexually abused his daughter)
Finally, he ripped up his work and his editor walked asking about the case which the reporter lied that there was nothing after all. His editor replied it was such a waste considering all the time and money spent. the reporter discreetly threw the torn article away but it was spotted by the editor.....

During Dinner, Jun confided to Kano that he will be seeing a music producer who had previously approached him to cut a album. He said he had played a demo tape to the producer of his new tune creation and he wants to start all over again. Jun jokingly added with a grin that perhaps he may just get rejected....but kano assured him otherwise.

While shopping for ingredients, Kano saw the article at the stand.... while reading it, memories started to flood back and she finally rem the man towering over her at bed was her father. As he grabbed her bed covers off, we see kano quivering with a knife in her hand, pleading her father to stop, please stop. Kano dropped the magazine and held her head in despair.

In prison, the brother was writing to her asking if she was alright as she hadnt been to see him for a long while, and that she shouldnt blame herself for what he had done. He told her to treat it as her silly brother doing something stupid. So severe your ties with me and live your own life. You must be happy Kano.

Back home, Jun cheerfully called out for Kano but noticed something was wrong when he saw the food and the money envelope he had given her earlier and a note saying "Sayonara". Kano had decided to leave Jun and his home. Jun started to have flashback of all the times with Kano and with a determined face, he ran out heading for the bus station wantin to get Kano back. However, despite spotting her boarding the bus, Jun was too late! He tried chasing the bus but Kano was too absorbed staring into the picture of them couple shot and missed out seeing Jun running next to the bus, next to her screaming her name. Finally an exhausted Jun had to stop chasing the bus.

Jun dropped the note that Kano wrote, stating "I have caused you much troubles Jun-san, with much thanks, Good bye. Kano."

**********************************

Afterthoughts.

I LOVED this episode. Yeah Jun and Kano are finally discovering and revealing their feelings for each other!!!!

Christ I hate that ugly girl!! She is soooo annoying!!! such a self righteous cow! Babbling on and on as if she is the mistress of the house at Jun's place?!! She is the sort of people that stirred up witch hunt with those vicious nature of her. She is soooo talking about herself and her jealousy than Kiyo about minding Kano staying there. So high and mighty acting so prim and proper which i bet she has no problems at all if roles were reversed and Jun asked her to lived with him. BIIIITTTACH! So happy Jun didnt chased after her! She must be fuming bad!!! hAAAA. Didnt she realised when Jun didnt even run after her means that he doesnt give 2 hoots about what she thinks or say? Haaa haaaaa

As for Kano brother, he is such a poor conflicting soul. On one hand he wrote letter asking why the sister hasnt visited him for along time (Kano u nottie girl, so absorbed spending happy times with Jun!), yet on the otherhand he asked her to forget him. Obviously if she choose to severe ties, she must still visit him in prision? DUDE?! what on earth are u talking abt?!

I laughed out loud again when Jun was chasing the bus. Firstly was why on earth would he no grab a cab but run to the bus station?!!! Imean I know cabs are expensive but if its somewhere that he can run to in time, that short distance couldnt have break his piggy bank - in the name of saving time right? No the producer just have to make him run for his dear life! haaaa

And i laughed again later when he chased the bus.WOAH! He can quit being a pianoist and be a sprint runner! He actually caught up and be next to the window seat and can still scream his name! I would be freaking out of breathe man! For someone who just stay at home caring for Kiyo and play piano at church, he sure have damn superman fitness man!

I loved the part when Subaru opened the door - as if he seen a ghost when he saw ugly girl, and later then coolly said to ugly girl "Then i better not say anything" and wanted to close the door. I sooooo wanted him to slam the door at her! I would have rejoice and dance round a camp fire!!! haaaa haaaa. Anycase, i think now its clear subaru doesnt love Kiyoka. he is just taking her off Jun's hand because he wants to free Jun from a burden i think, because he love Jun and willing to sacrifice for him. Who else thinks this way or disagree? I got that feeling last epsiode but wasnt sure. This episode kinda make me feel that way again. He seem to treat Kiyo as a buddy that like to tease and boss him around, not a feeling os passionate love.... is it just me or u think so too?

Well, next episode is seemingly exciting! I think I heard Jun said something about "I will wait for you." and i saw them together at some bus/ train station.... how poetic!!! I'm glad Jun has stopped sniffing and sobbing or smiling overly, his normal self aint that bad looking, esp when Kano was kinda confessing about her love. I like that stunned realisation face.... haaa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Ugly Cow. I suggest we call her a cow instead of a girl, it brings more truth to her character. LOL!

I also think Subaru is just doing all this for Jun, as based on your summary, to help Jun move on. That really is so nice of Subaru, but now I'm also starting to hate Kiyoka. She's so selfish, and I bet she doesn't even have that grave of a brain damage. If Subaru really is gay, then maybe he's doing this because he loves Jun so much.

I was afraid of Kano's brother at first, him being sort of a psycho and all. I even have thoughts that maybe he wanted Kano for himself that's why he killed his parents. HAHAHAHA! I'm sick, I know, because he's really creepy. LOL. Seeing that he is also wanting Kano to be happy, it think I'll forgive him for that. The thing is, for next week's episode, I think I saw a glimpse of him stabbing Jun because of whatever the Ugly Cow told him.. I'm not really sure though if he really is stabbing Jun. Ugh! Can't wait for next week's episode!

Nomad said...

Oh my! U are fast!! I just finished posting the article and here is your little comment waiting patiently for me. haaaa

LOL!! Yeah stupid Cow suits here. I felt like strangling her! I like it when Jun ignored her! haaaa haaa

I think the story is evolving that Kyouka may not have recover all her memories perhaps? I mean she may recognise people but the associated feelinhs may not have returned. Afterall, she and Subaru are long time friends first, and she had a close bond with him, so i tthink its natural she may have feelings first for him before consideirng Jun's. Next episode, I saw her crying out Jun's name... wonder why.

From his facial expressions and the words, those pauses, it seemed Subaru is really only caring for Jun only. Because he told Kano its his lot in life and he is used to being bossed ard by Kyo, he didnt and never said he loved Kyo on his own accord when talking to Kano. He only seemed to squeezed it out when Jun asked him to appease Jun.

YA YA YA! At first, they made it seem as if Kano brother is some psycho with sister fetish! haaaa

Gasps! Did he stab Jun?! really?! I thot he punched him! shit i have to look again!

Anonymous said...

I'm not really sure about the stabbing. There is also a big possibility that he just punched Jun, but it seemed as if he wanted something (maybe a bread knife, or a fork perhaps? LOL) to go deeper in Jun's stomach. I don't really know. Maybe I'm just overreacting since Kano's brother tried killing the reported with a hammer.

Ok, I confess. I check your page, like, every 30 minutes to see if the summary is out. So, that also kinda makes me a psycho, huh? Maybe Kano's brother and I will get along after all. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

no-mad, i love you for this.... man!!!

Nomad said...

LOL!!! Every 30mins!! My god! haaaaaa. I glad to have such a loyal drama blog fan...more inspired to blog the summaries from now on! Heee heeeee.

I wonder how did the brother get let out actually. Did the article help to release him? Speaking of teh article, I thought the reporter was silly in throwing it into the rubbish bin in the room, rather than taking it out with him.

Canx wait for the next 2 episodes!!

Nomad said...

Thanks Melvin.. :P I feeeeeeeel loved.. heh heh...

Anonymous said...

oh no.. not after they finally together, they will be separated. That's too bad, Kanon felt that she gave jun a lot troubles, but with she decided to go, it will give Jun one more thing to loss after Kiyoka.

I can understand how the reporter felt about his past case with the school girl, but in kanon's case, she already forgot it, and imo it's better to forget such a past, make her remember is the same as hurting her again.

hey, you know after I read what u think about subaru, I think I might think the same way too (sad that I haven't watched this eps)
Just like when Subaru pretend didn't know kiyoka feeling toward him, and let kiyoka be Jun's girlfriend, It showed that he care for jun and want to give him happiness. and now with him taking care of kiyoka,if the reason was to free jun from the burden, that's really a deep love, or maybe it's what we can call one form of 'innocent love' ^^

yeah..the ugly girl is getting on my nerve every time i read what she said. she just too selfish.

thanks again for the summary.
I really enjoy it.

cincan

Nomad said...

It prob would have been good if Kano did forget everything but she didnt exactly forget... because she is still having flashbacks. She just couldnt rem everything and in a way, its unfair to not know the truth is prob what the reporter think.

However, eventually the reporter DID want to hide the truth but his editor "stolE" the ripped article and published it without informing him i think.

As for Subaru, its just my personal guess. It's just he act so suspicious.... plus yah u are right, he willingly gave Kyo up for Jun.... hmmmm.

Oh u havent watched the epi? U should! Like what mochi said earlier, this is one of the better episodes by date!!!

Glad u enjoyed the summary! At least when u watch the unsub, u wont feel too lost :P

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE THE EPISODE HAHAH thank u for the summary, i could not live without this.

i hoped that they would stay together and be happy forever... like all their feelings are kinda being expressed. lol jun saying stay here with me forever? LOL HAAAH. dang i was so disappointed when she decided to run away.

where is she going anyway??? she duznt have a place to stay??

Journalist
the reporter guy's a nice guy after all but i feel bad that now hes gonna be accused by kanon and her brother as they think it was him.

Ugly Cow
ugly cow hahaha. shes degraded to an animal. lol. well bitch too, female dog ne? LOLL i like that.

MOBILE PHONE NE???
u know yeah jun sprint running was funny, but wts funnier is, EVER HEARD OF THE GODDAMN MOBILE PHONE? LOLL so much for keitai culture in japan! LOL HAHAHAHA

yeah he can run,(probably by the time a taxi or something comes for him itll b too late, so running wasnt a bad idea. only... duznt he have a bike? i thought japanese people always had bikes LOL) or take w/e transporation, but anyway meanwhile he can also be CALLING her too LOL. OH GOSH. i wouldnt know whether kanon-chan would pick up but at least he tried. i mean that should b the first instinct right?

LOL and where does he know where to look if, the note only said thank you and i've caused u trouble, and bye? LOL HE RUNS IMMEDIATELY TO THE BUS STOP LOL

well i dont get why kanon runs away in the first place.. yeah she might've stabbed her father... possibility at this point. of course u can argue what she's thinking or struggling with inside, or like she feels violated or unworthy or w/e anymore, or even like she duznt wanna bring more trouble to jun as she is involved in this media attention now.
but didn't jun say he wouldn't leave her alone when he found out about the fire case? from all their happy moments, and stuff that THEY JUST EXPERIENCED. kanon should have second thoughts about leaving, at least wanting to explain herself and see him first, especially when jun said they will solve one problem at a time.. and

honestly i would b in shock if i was kanon, i wouldn't know wt to do or think at that moment, i would've taken it slow and let it settle, therefore i wouldnt been able to hav left immediately.

that's wt i think, well dramas arent supposed to be realistic i guess. haha

aww i love their dialogues, those shared sweet moments in this episode. just awesome.. gwaaahhhh

Anonymous said...

LOL SO MANY COMMENTS! HAHAH

Nomad said...

ha..i wont say that is alot of comments...

U are right! How on earth he knew kano san was heading for the coach! and where on earth is she heading to if she has no job??

I can understand the phone part, she prob had turned off the phone not wanting reporters to possibly hassle her and also not wanting Jun to reach her since she wants to be determine leave. she prob is afriad she might waver. However like u said, if it was me, i prob would be too stun to even leave the bench seat, least of all COOOK his DINNER and write such a nice note for him... she sure is calm and collected...

Perhaps she didnt stay to face Jun as she was sexually abused and she felt embarrased abt it and didnt think eh can accept it perhaps...