Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Secret Garden = Hyeon Bin = Horraaaaay!

Reformatted my Pc but it is still stalling and crashing...looks like it may be a Hardware problem...damn dell.

Anycase, manage to steal some time to watch Secret Garden simply because I am a die hard fan of Hyeon Bin ever since he starred in Kim Sam Soon. The MV below is great becoz its a good condensation of the first 3 episodes to date and its the highlights. I love those moments when Hyeon Bin kept thinking about the girl, sensing her presence as if she was there...and I esp love that long slow stroll he had in the garden with her by his side. I thought that was a rather poetic scene and yet effectively communicating his deep sense of longing and persisting nagging thoughts about the girl he likes....pretty cool for me


[MV] Secret Garden Drama OST-Back Ji Young-That Women

Hyeon Bin is still as ever dashing, funny in his antics, cool tall handsome and manly as ever!!! There is something about him that is manly yet boyish that always tug at my heart strings...:)

I havent seen him in a modern romantic comedy drama ever since KSS. Have watched him in another movie something about Millionaire boyfriend or something but he was a little chubby there. In this new drama, he seemed to have shed a lot of weight because his features have gone slim, esp his cheeks looks a little sunken but he is still a darling in my eyes! Heeee heeeee..

I have just finished Episode 1 and I must say I like it but I am biased. I like Hyeon Bin's role where he is serious yet comical in his dialogues. I like the scene where he was in the hotel and he misunderstood the girl's occupation. His expression was hilarious! Not to mention the hospital scene when he was bantering with the director on the phone over his idenity and when he saw OscaR SOCKS on her and he just had to yanked them off! Haa haaa. Farrrnnneee!

As for the stuntwoman heroine, so far I like her gutsy no fuss character. I love woman of character that isnt wimpy or sissy. The scene where she was doing the sword fighting was rather nice esp when the camera angle zoomed in on her and her hair was all over. I dunno how to describe it but I like her. In short, I just like to see a strong woman but still possess a cute girl but not overly dreamy demeanor (esp when she saw oscar)

This series has potential but I hate sayin it because when I mutter something like that, I seem to jinx the series and it will go downhill. So let's say I have good expectations and because it is Hyeon Bin, I would like to see it through, hopefully with great anticipation along the way and not like Mischievous Kiss where I lost steam about quarter thru because it was turning boring. Even S.Scandal lost its appeal towards the last 2 ep because I thought the female lead was acting a little silly with her recklessness....

Ok enough of my crazy ranting. Let's cross fingers, sit back and hope to be entertained! Will give Mary series a chance later, if my PC dun crash that it:)

Cast:

Hyun Bin as Kim Joo Won


Ha Ji Won as Gil Ra Im

Yoon Sang Hyun as Oscar (Joo Won’s cousin)

Kim Sa Rang as Yoon Seul

Lee Philip as Im Jong Soo

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Welcome to the secret garden ^_^
I hope that it won't fall down too since I also have a lot expectation for this drama.
Hyun Bin's character is one of the most unique character in K-drama, and as much as I 'hate' the playboy OsKa ^^ I like the scene when he and hyun bin bickering at each other.

Tvadddict said...

I soooo totally agreeeeee! his character is always sooo fascinating! I love how he is able to control his emotional expressions, from pure childlike inquisitive look, to anger, to comical, to pure anguish pain....

Surprisingly I dont dislike Oscar's character maybe because I find his role to be a good contrasting balance with Jon Won's character. However, I really hate his hairstyle....it's pure awful...his perm perm hair as the butler in the earlier drama suits him better. I cannot stomach this half gayish hair on him when he doesnt have any femine look on him at all so he cannot pull the sissy hair off...chuckles...

By ep 4, I am totally hook. Not sure if you have seen it but there are ALOT of scenes i love!!!

Haaa yah I love his bickering with his cousin but actually I love all his bickering scene!! Heee heeee..he does it so well that I thought he was rather adorable when he provoke the other parties! heee heee...*starry gaze look again*

This is another DVD I will certainly buy to keep after I am done online. My shelves are seriously running out of space!!!

secretdramaqueen said...

this is a really very good drama. best comedy and romance drama in my opinion.

Tvadddict said...

@secretdramaqueen, I couldnt agree more!!! :)