Monday, September 27, 2010

Playful Kiss ep 7+8 : A glimmer of hope ...

Just when I was all but ready to raise my white flag and give up on Playful Kiss, the last two episodes 7+8 has given me a glimpse of hope that all is not lost!

I know it may not a widespread notion that this drama is not exactly great, but I was really ready to just give up on the series after ep 6. However, the last airing of ep 8 renewed my interest again, largely due to a more display of scenes more in line with the manga, and rapid decline of silly stupid nonsensical nonwitty comical scene that fail to tickle my sense of humor. I actually did have a few scene i could snicker at.

I must fessed up that I had actually enjoyed the "uni life" of the couple than the senior high life. At least they are acting more like realistic interaction between people. KHJ in tennis scenes were my fav...esp when he was coaching Oh Hani.. He wasnt the monstrous coach, but a rather decent young chap. I like the cooking scene where the secret was out that he was the secret chef, and KHJ had to look like he was stewing in his seat:) And when he was desperately yelling "to the right to the right" to a stony slow witted reflexes Oh Hani, i couldnt help but chuckle.


I agree with some comments that Oh Hani's charcater in K-version is much better than the Taiwanese female lead. The taiwanese version is alittle too stupid that makes my blood boil at times too, bordering at the impossible at times. At least Oh Hani has some pride, like in the cinema where she refuses to tag behind KHJ and the 2nd female lead because she too had some pride...etc. That was a good scene, something I can relate to when she thinks it truly is time to give up if her crush has his eyes on another prize. However, in terms of character development, I still like the Taiwanese Male version lead better...

I dun really like the looks of the 2nd female lead. Her features are not strange but I just felt she comes acros a little too mature and old for this role. She looks more like KHJ older sister than someone who is the same year. And she looks so fake..canx describe it..just something about her is off. I still havent decide if its the character or her. She is trying to express through her eyes but its not doing it for me.

KHJ's charcater;s mum is growing on me. I really like her. Heee heee.

Ok, now I am actually curious enuff to want to see ep 9 in their flight of escape from the mafia.

Has anyone else noticed yet that KHJ has not a scene where he doesnt wear short sleeves. He is constantly in looser tops with long sleeves. I guess they are trying to hide his muscular arms that is hard to associate with first year uni student?

I was rewatching "WGM" which is screening on cable tv here. Watching him there with his long feminine hair, and him here in P.K with his shorter perm crop. I have to say he seems to have come a long way from being a cute boy, to a somewhat cute guy. Our KHJ has come a long way somehow over the passage of time and I didnt realise it till I compare his onscreen looks from then and now. Despite what people still say about KHJ, he def is better on camera screen now, the seemingly higher level of confidence, not as screen shy. Maybe that's why we think he is better as he seem more confortable with his own skin on screen.

Did I stray again.? Ooopss.

3 comments:

olive said...

I do understand that the taiwanese female lead is too hopeless its somewhat annoying. I like the taiwanese version of the lead guy coz he really got this mean/tough shell in the beginning towards the female lead {forgot her name}and finally breaking that exterior and winning the guy in the end feels like an epic win ^_^

PK is def getting better :P The girl who plays Oh Ha Ni really acts well. I love the moms on both korean and taiwanese ver.

Im waiting for your hotaru no hikari final ep insights.. im crushed that its really over T_T

Unknown said...

Some parts are still pretty saucy but the leads are putting up a good show. KHJ's character is starting to come out of his shell as he moves out of home in episode 9. Perhaps we will get to see a more humane and affectionate side of BSJ. Thanks for the post.

Tvadddict said...

@Olive: Me too, I really like the taiwanese Male lead - Joe, both tall, good looking and delivered the role well:) As for Hotaru, been meaning to watch it and write but havent found teh time... had a lot of jap homework to catch up first :P prob sun will post it up:) stay with me!

Agreed with you and Wei, Yeah PK is getting better. Haa haa I like how you put it "KHJ coming out of his shell..." I def saw the mildly affectionate side in ep 10 during the hospital and the "share the bed" scene...