Monday, February 2, 2009

Akai Ito 06 Review

If you are going to spread the word, please do credit back to me/ my blog since I did spend some time looking for the videos and write the summaries for u guys. Thanks!!


Akai Ito Episode 06 Summary

(Watch video without subs)



Time rewinds back to 14years ago, at the nursery.

Baby Nishino was having a fever and the teacher persistently paged his mum who was still working at the night club and unable to return the call. Finally after her work, Nishino's mum rushed to the nursery, only to be calmed by the teacher that she had brought Nishino to see a doctor and his fever is subsiding. Nishino mum thanked the teacher and realised she was new. After the teacher introduced herself, she spotted Nishino and baby Mei was asleep holding hands together much to the amusement to both mothers... (sooocute!)

Back at home packing for his move, Nishino came across his mum's old photo album. As he flipped through, he saw his mother carrying himself with another mother and a baby girl. As he flipped to next page, after a min pause, he recognised the same baby picture that he had once saw Mei holding on the rooftop. As he turned and looked, his name and Mei's name was written on the bacl of it. He recalled conversations with Mei's mum asking him to part ways with Mei, and what the drug peddler guy had said about his mum's best friend committing sucide. In shock, Nishino slumped into the chair.

Back at Mei's room, Mia was asking her why isnt Nishino meeting up with Mei. Mei explained Nishino's mum is hospitalised. Yui and Mia expressed surprised that Nishino had kept such a big secret from them, joking and laughing over at how Nishino always avoided their questioning at his "mysteriousness" by giving them a standard answer "This is an adult's problem". They said Mei had also prob liked that side of Nishino. At that, Mei's mobile rang. As she answered it, the caller said "Murderer! Dont go to school. Go and Die!" and hung up. Mei was shocked but didnt say a word to her friends.

At the shrine, Mei wished for Sara's recovery. On another message board, she wrote" Wishing Nishino's mum's quick recovery, and if I am together with Nishino....."

Back at Nishino's place, Mami was helping Nishino to pack. Before she left, she saw Nishino's baby picture and he dashed forward to grab the album from her. While he was away, mei called his mobile but Mami selfishly decided to end the call, not telling Nishino about it.

In school, mei discovered someone had destroyed her indoor shoes and dumped it in the bin. In class, the teacher informed them Sara had recovered but due to family reasons, the whole family is leaving for Osaka. After school, the group went to meet Sara and Mei apologised profusedly. To Mei's shock, Sara asked "Who are you? Are you my classmates?" Sara's mum told her to wait in the car, before telling Mei and the rest that Sara suffered from memory loss as an after effects from the fall, and asked them not to contact Sara anymore and leave her alone. The group walked home sadly, especially Mei who could not make amends with Sara.

As Mei sadly part ways with Mia and the rest, she sat alone and was joined by Takshi who was worried about her. Mei confided in Takshi " Sara said it was only up to junior year3 that she had felt happy going to school for the first time." Takashi hesitantly agreed, stating that Sara was in the same class as him in year 2, and she was completely different from the Sara now. Mei said "She once said, it felt good to have friends for the first time. Sara is a person who will always remember things that are happy, no matter how small the matter is, she will earnestly store those memories in her heart..but now, she has forgotten them all. I have wiped away all of Sara's memories away." Mei sat there and sobbed as Takashi listened and looked on helplessly.

At the shrine, Nishino thanked the shrine guy for all the help rendered. Shrine guy informed Nishino about Mei's visit to the shrine few days away and being worried, she had wished for Nishino's mum recovery. Nishino listened on silently with a look of stabbing pain. The shrine guy took a look at him and told Nishino " You have your own way of thinking, however, comparing to the one who left without a word, the one who got left behind will be hurt even more. The more one cherishes the other, the more one cannot go on without the other. Isnt it cruel for you to give such a painful memory to Mei?" Nishino silently tried to hold back his tears hearing all that.

In school when mei entered the class, she was confronted by nasty messages on the classroom board - (Slut! You will never be forgiven! Give her life back to her. Return Sara her memory! Traitor to friend! Don't come back to school!) Mei looked on in shock. Her mobile started beeping and she had over 21 messages condemning her and asking her to die. Takashi entered the room seeing the messages and asked "What are all that?! Who wrote those things? It was my fault that sara jumped. It was me who dated Mei. If u must blame, blame it on me! Don't blame Mei. Blame it on me!" Then he yelled at Mia and rest "What are you guys doing? Why are you guys standing there? Aint you guys friends?" Takashi headed to the board to wipe the messages off and everyone rushed forward to help.

At that point, one of the class girls said coldly. "Are you people stupid? Why should that sort of woman be defended?" Another girl added" She has lost her memory, and it's all because of Mei." Takashi yelled at them to shut up but the girl continued on "Takashi, you have never cared for Sara did you?" "It's not so!" Takashi denied adding "It was all my fault! Nothing to do with mei!" The class girls retorted "Takashi, Mei, do you two know what you two have done?! How could you two just come to school as if nothing happened?" Mia agitatedly asked "What do you guys expect Mei to do!" "GO DIE." the classgirl said. Mia shouted stop it but the girls continued taunting Mei "That's right. Go die to redeem your crime. It is Mei who had destroyed Sara's whole life!"

Mei finally spoke and said "I know that. If Sara never forgive me, I would never be forgiven the rest of my life. I too know that I had destroyed Sara's life. However, even if I cannot be forgiven, I too hope for her memory recovery, to remember everything I did. Even though everyone had told me to end my life, however if I do that, the Sara in my heart will also disappear. Even if Sara had forgotten about me, I would never forget her. For the rest of my life, I will always remember what I had done. For Sara, this is this much I could do for her if nothing else."

At Mei's place, Nishino approached mei's mum. Nishino informed her that he is transferring school because of his mum move to a new rehab center. "At that time you had told me to part ways with Mei, I did not understand why. Considering your reservations, it was understandable, which is why no matter what, I will help my mum to recover and quit her addictions, and to meet Mei in a proper sober way. The last time when you said your best friend was my mum's good friend, the woman must have passed away because of my mum." Sensing silence from Mei's mum, Nishino took out a picture and showed it to her, saying that was her mum, and asking if the baby girl in the pix was Baby Mei. The mum looked at the shot and finally relented to the truth and said said yes it was Mei.

"You and Mei were neighbors in the same apartment building. I am not Mei's birth mum. Mei's mum Machiko san is a warm hearted person, and like a younger sister to me. However one day, Mei's father was caught possessing drugs and thus was arrested. At that time, Nishino's mum was already in the midst of drug trade dealing. Mei's mum was a fragile person and committed sucide as she couldnt accept the truth. Which is why I asked you not to go near Mei." "So that was it..." Nishino replied.

As he stood up and made his leave , he confided to mei's mum sadly " I only first knew about it during the cultural festival, that Mei and I are born on the same day 29th Feb. At that time I remembered, did I meet Mei somewhere before? Could it be that we met at my 8th year old birthday? The little girl I knocked over outside the cake shop? When I knew that person was Mei, I was really truly overjoyed! Perhaps both of us were fated to meet each other. Even when I am in great pain now, I would still think about Mei, wishing to hear her voice. I guess I still am, I still like Mei very very Much. Thank you for telling me all these. I will part ways with mei." Saying that, he left.

At the shrine, Nishino read Mei's message on wishing board which stated " I wish for Nishino's mum early recovery. If I could be with Nishino together, happy things would double, and sad things would be halved." Mei called at that exact moment, after much emotional struggle and heartache, Nishino ended the call without answering it.

Next day, Nishino and the shrine guy went to school to do the paper work for his transfer. Nishino told sensei not to inform the class of his departure as he would not like to be asked about the reason of his transfer or mention of his mum. Sensei promised he would not reveal a thing to the class. As nishino left school, He was spotted by Fujiwara and stopped him to have a quick chat, asking why hasnt Nishino been to school and no contact? Nishino apologised that he had lots to do. "What stuff?"Fujiwara asked. "Well....it's adult's matter." Nishino gave the standard reply. "Stop bull shitting me. Even though I do not know what had happened, don't shoulder the weight of problems all by yourself. You would feel better after sharing your problems." All Nishino could say was thank you before leaving. "Are we that unreliable?" Fujiwara asked out loud to a departing Nishino. Nishino stopped and turned around stating of course not. "Are you still going to kick football in high school?" Nishino asked. "Of course, that is the only thing I am good at." Fujiwara replied. "Is that so.. great for you." Nishino shared. "What is wrong with you, saying things like that? I heard from Yui that you havent been in contact much with Mei." Fujiwara stated. Nishino was stumped but the conversation got interrupted by another football mate, where Nishino used it as his chance to leave. When Fujiwara said see u tomorrow, Nishino did not share he was transfering school.

That night, Mei finally received a message from Nishino asking if she could meet. She rushed down and started asking Nishino "What happened? I was worried! I have been waiting for you to contact me. What had happened? If there is something, please share it with me, even if I could only be a listening audience, however if there is something I can do...""U are SO nosily naggy." Nishino cut a surprised Mei off. "Dont you know why? Not calling you, not replying messages, you should have noticed right?" Nishino said in a mean way. "What do you mean?" Mei questioned. "that is to say I no longer have any feelings for you. That is what it is." Nishino stated coldly and started to walk off. Mei panicked and chased after him, asking him to stop for a minute."This is too sudden! I dont understand what is the meaning of all this that is happening! Please explain yourself more clearly!" Mei begged him. Ignoring her questions, Nishino just said"One more thing, I am transferring school. Let's not meet anymore." "Changing school? So sudden?" Mei was still reeling in schock. Nishino interrupted her saying "Which is to say it is over between us. You are truly annoying." Mei watched on broken hearted as Nishino walked away from her. As she returned to her room, tears started falling while Nishino sat alone in the bus, both of them heartbroken from the end of their relationship.

Nishino went to visit his mum. He told her about the change of school and all has been packed from the home, the shrine, as well as school locker. "I should not have left anything behind.." Nishino shared. His mum looked at a miserable sad looking Nishino, she was overwhelmed with sadness too and kep apologising to Nishino.

Next day after school, Mei finally told the rest that Nishino had transferred school and left. Fujiwara shared he did think Nishino acted weird yesterday. Mei also added they had broken up much to shock of everyone. Takashi however said it was good if its a mutual decision. "To break up so easily, there must not have been much feelings/ liking there, if one truly like the other, one would not end a relationship so easily. right?" Takashi looked at Mei and walked away, leaving Mei to think about what was said.

Mei not willing to accept all these sudden change in event, she ran to look for Nishino. He spotted her and was shocked. In order to ensure Mei would give up on him, he deliberately called out to Mami. Pretending not to know of Mei's existence, he purposely said that Mami should come to visit him when it is holiday, and that he looked forward in seeing her. "I would be able to become strong if I have Mami around, so please send me emails."

Mei overheard everything and confronted Nishino. "If you had liked someone else, couldnt you come outright to say it?? During summer vacation, I have been waiting for your call. Wanting to see you the whole time. However I suppressed myself everytime I think about how busy u are with your mum. Many things have happened. I have alot to tell u. So much countless things. To be so fickle about liking someone, then dont say things like "destiny and fate". Goodbye!" Mei ran off crying.

Type words:
(I have many things I wanted to say to you.
I have many things I wanted to ask you.
However if I knew everything, it would destroy the love between us.
So all I want is things as it is...)

Episode 7
Next Episode Summary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! this as got to be one of the best episode of the series and I can't believe there's no subs yet!! ARGH!! the wait was agonizing but this makes it all better...I need to go back and watch the scene again now that I know what's going on...THANKS so much you have no idea how much this means to me!

Nomad said...

yes I agree this is a very good epi. So I was surprised when u wrote that the subs wasnt out yet after so long!

When i was watching this, I was like feeling soooo sorry for Nishino....it's like he is paying for the "sins" of his mother.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving a summary of this episode! You were much missed when your were away on your trip! I hope you had fun.

But this ep was full of those moments of pain... like Nishino deciding to let go... and watching Mei and Nishino....

but i'm getting sidetracked. Thanks for summarizing!! :D

Nomad said...

Hi Anonymous, thanks for also taking the time to leave a nice message here :) I really Appreciate it!!! :P