Saturday, February 28, 2009

E-Music: U2 2009 new album release.


U2 isnt too pleased their new album 「No line on the Horizon」got leaked...this one is radically different from their usual style.

Music is subjective and everyone likes different things, yet I have to sadly profess I dont quite like this album despite being a keen supporter of U2 since the launch of their first album. Having collected every single collection inclusive of their compiled best of cds, pains me to say, this new release is disappointing for me. Makes me wonder if U2 has lost their touch and if Bono should just retired, frolick in the sun, sail the yacht with his daughter and those groupies.

The slow number like "Cedars of Lebandon" borders on *ahem* bordem. I ran through the 11 tracks and none has really grabbed me as catchy nor memorable. Does this mark the slow descent of the master of rock band of so many decades? Such forbidden chilling thought is derived from the fact that the theme song "No line on the Horizon" sounded unbelievably *yawn* insipid, lacking the famed U2 spunk. It's has a too experimental feel for me. Yet, it has some critics hailing this new album innovative and best of all time. Wow.. I must be missing something.

I guess its just me then, with the motto - If it aint broken, dont fix it. If the formula works, then stick to it. I just want my old U2 back, minus the overtly deviation from what makes them (use to) sound great.


Track List [download]

  1. No Line On The Horizon

  2. Magnificent

  3. Moment of Surrender

  4. Unknown Caller

  5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

  6. Get On Your Boots

  7. Stand Up Comedy

  8. Fez -- Being Born

  9. White As Snow

  10. Breathe

  11. Cedars Of Lebanon

No comments: