Saturday, July 17, 2010

Toy STory 3: A great movie for all ages!

Came back from watching Toy Story 3 today. Awwww....it was such a sweet sweet story with the "prison break" theme! I absolutely love this flick, even more than the second one!

One of the great success was prob a theme that many of us can associate with, the growing up, the parting with our fav childhood playmates/toys.... I was kinda touch towards the end when Andy played with Bonnie and his cherished toys one last time. The way Andy almost didnt want to let Woody go....Oh wow....it was an emotional moment....

Mr Potato had a beefier role this time and I laugh my head off when he become the Mr tortilla potato man! It was so funny! The whole escape plan from the childcare was really cool! It almost has an adult approach but presented in a childlike way.

Buzz light year is by far the way coolest dude in the pack! When he converted to Mr Spanish Buzz had me guffawing so hard! I cannot imagine how they could have possible conceive the whole idea! Incidently Ken was another limelight stealer too!

I have heard raving reviews and films tend to disappoint when I go in with high expecations. However, Toy Story 3 certainly do not disappoint, for both the kid and the adult in all of us. The only bone I have to pick is the super unnecessary 3D version. The movie would have been equally succesful without the 3D, and would have spare me the uncomfortable session of watchin the movie with the ill fitting 3D eyeset, giving me a headache. Apart from that, I love the movie itself! Its a keeper and I canx wait for the DVD!

4 comments:

stacey said...

Aww, you saw TS3! I saw it a few weeks ago and loved it so much. It was touching, funny, and nostalgic. Easily one of the best movies of the year, if not the best. I was totally crying at the end, and it was so hard to do with 2 pairs of glasses! I thought the 3d was unnecessary too, since I didn't know my friends wanted to watch it in 3D and wore glasses, so I had the 3d glasses on top of my glasses. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it very much. I love Ken! LOL, he cracked me up so much.

Tvaddict said...

I wanted to cry too but was a little shy about that so i suck it all in and hold it, hold it...:)

U mean you have a non 3D option? We didnt have it here in HK. Its 3D or nothing and since I really wanted to watch it, I sacrificed my boycotting of 3D movie specially for this! glasses and 3d?! Wow! That must have ben tough! I couldnt get comfy with just 3d set alone, however did you manage?

Yeah I love ken! he is hilarious! The clotrhes fashion part he did for barbie was sooo funny! "No body appreciates clothes anymore!!" I love him being a bad boy and the one smitten in love with barbie!

Incidentallt, i like the scene at the garbage bin and Barbie started saying something smart and the toys around gave her that "look"..LOL!

U are rite about one thing it is easily thebestmovie of the year!

elisa said...

Hiya!!! I understand your frustration about 3D in movies but when you have kids who tag along...then you don't have an option but to watch the movies as 3D. In HK no non-3D option, that is ridiculous???! not everyone can tolerate it. in fact, it can cause seizures for some so there are health warnings for movies with this option. My son actually complains about 3D, I guess he is getting more mature at 12...hehehe. He said that toy story shouldn't be in one but UP is one he thinks has the best effects as 3D.

Awww...shy to cry. you should come with me whenever there is a tearjerker fest. you wouldn't be shy to cry, you would be embarrassed with me around. I can't help myself!!! My siblings love to tease me a lot since I tend to empathize to easily.

Sigh....KEN...don't we all wish to be Barbies!!! He is so FUNNY!

will try to catch up with the dramas then get back to you. so LOOOOVE the new page look!

Tvaddict said...

Yeah they dun show 3D here...whch is why i have ben msissing out on a lot of shows until they are released in DVD (eg: UP, caroline , train your dragon etc)

3D makes me nausea and dizzy spells so I have to boycott them. You boy complains about 3D too? What a wise little man! He is my fav already! Hooo Hoooo. Nimy will have a go at me for this:)

I always envy people like you who can cry with a good movie! My tear ducts just seem to freeze up in public. I can fel the lump welling up in my chest, nose feel funny and eyes feel really heavy like its gonna burst but teh tears dam just wont break... So it ends up a little puffy but no tears... I think only one jap drama "aishiteru" was able to elict tears from me in every episode, but then again i was at home. I wont know if I would have cried if it was in public screening...

Yeah dont we all wish we have a ken within reach! The flashy clothes, the prince to the rescue when you are in jail, and the multistorey house and plenty of love!! What;s not to like abt ken! haaaaaaaa I wanna be barbie once in a while too!!!! :grin*

Thks Elisa! glad u like the new look! looking fwd to ur catching up with the drama, esp hotaru!