Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The 20th Alliance Francaise French Film festival (Sydney)


I love foreign films. I love heading off to the Japanese and French film festivals! For Japanese film festivals, its almost always screened in the Japanese Foundation Association, whereas the french festival are often screen on large movie screens. I have clean forgotten from lack of use -every bit of my French that I had once picked up in uni, except for sa va, bien, merci, but I still like to watch french movies all the same. At least my French tutor would be able to sigh and find have some redemption in my failure of a student as such.... (^_^)

I always look forward to the The Alliance Francaise French Film festival in any countries I'm stayin in. Last year this time, I had be hanging around Oxford street joining the movie goers for a good time. This year, I am going to miss the 20th festival which is now screening in Sydney till 19th Mar.

Reading off the website, there are couples of movies I would love to watch just from the synopisis from the listing like "Comme les autres", "Le grand alibi", "Un baiser s'il vous plait" and ,more.... (official site). Unfortunately for me, I have to wait till end of the year Dec this time round for the 38th French Cinepanorama festival to arrive in Hong Kong this year. For those who had never given The french film festival a go, how about trying it this year. You will like the quirky witty humour in many of the comedies:)

No comments: