Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Boys Before Flowers Ep 18 and 19

Sorry been really busy. Just got back from my stressful Jap test.. my neck is breaking... sensei is out to kill us.... sigh. Doent help when my cough med was kicking in and my drowsiness was making my head spin... oh well. No excuses for a lazy student.

I just remembered I forgot to update Boys Before Flowers episode 18 link! See what med do to one's memory...I suppose most of you would have seen it by now but I thought what the heck, might as well complete the post by indicating it here. Episode 19 is out too. Will talk about what I think later after watching it...and downloading the pixs of my prince Jihoo... haaa haa

Ep 18 - watch sub (low resolution) Raw ep 18 video (high resolution)
Ep 19 - watch sub (low resolution)

Note: The links above are not the best resolution for sub versions..if i find better ones, I will update the links. Also, I'm watching episode 18 and the english subs for some parts are missing...

Afterthoughts
Ok, Jandi isnt irritating in these 2 episodes. Not sure if it has got to do with the accident and so she cannot do the mopping face that much. Even when she negate on the promise with GJP, I was like Ok, next please. I should be feeling sad or something but she absolutely draws no emotions from me. Is it a drama character flaw or the actress is weak in acting? Hmmm..

GJP is also quite likeable in these 2 episodes being the silly ignorant boy. I was laughing at his expression quite abit when he was fighting with JD brother for the instant ramen portion! And when he was munching on the uncook ramen, quite funny! However, rather than an unwilling guy forced to go out with JK, he looked more like a boyfriend but annoyed by girlfrien esp in the supermarket scene. They look so much like a couple actually and I rather much see them together than him with Jandi. Visually, GJP and JD doesnt cut it for me.

Couple of scenes I liked with Jihoo! Although I must admit his thick coconut hair still hasnt charm me. I miss the chic suave longer hair of his.......I like the part where he was staring off at Jandi in ep 18 at the shrine after the guy told him to cherish JD as she was special. That long yearning lingering stare... (I dont quite get the sub where it was translated "she will give u a family." I was laughing because it reads as if she was going to give Jihoo a baby! haaaa)

There was also the scene when he was waiting for JD at the museum...like a little boy.. so cute! The scene at the bench where he gave her the lotus candle holder was also very sweet. I dont quite understand why the made him wear the riding white pants on a school day but who cares, he looks good!!! Plus I like that Miro art work they were admiring.... my fav artist!

I was so sad for Jihoo when he was crying in the rain. I am so going to watch that part again when the hi-resolution comes on. You know the the part in ep 19, when the sick Jihoo lying in bed suddenly made a grab for JD's hand and clutched on to it..i was like holding my breath so hard!!! and going "Ahhhhhhhhhh!! way to go Jihoo!!!" I half expected him to open his eyes to kiss her but of course that is not going to happen.damn! the funniest one was when he went to kiss YiJung during the truth or dare. hahahahaha.

As usual there are scene that can be done better. For one, who on earth will feel for a fever without flipping over the fringe/hair? With jihoo's so thick fringe, I doubt she can feel anything. Then cold towel on top of the hair? Sigh..Jandi, Cool towel should be place directly on the forehead skin, not hair silly. The part which is most unbelievable is the part where after jihoo got drench and stumble back to his home, he collapsed on JD and yet he was almost delirious in bed in the next scene wearing the same set of drench clothes which are completely dry on him. His house heater must be super strong! Otherwise, without any maids, JD helped him changed? *mind wandering* haaaaa haaaa. These two really look much better together.

It was also very unreasonable for the demolition work to commence without checking for people staying there first. What happen to safety check? So if JD refuse to budge since there is no advance notice, the demolition cannot progress isnt it? Plus, if JD has a legal rental contract, they cannot just forfeit the contract like that legally isnt it? Oh well...just a drama but they should make it less ridiculous. GJP mum is almost like mafia man. In fact, she isnt even afriad to offend Prince song and dad even if they are real mafia?! Hmmmm...

Oh well. The interest in this drama is waning for me because i think they are trying too hard to stretch it and capitalise on Jihoo's fame, milking him to the max. I like Jihoo but the plot is thinning and pace is so slow that it borders on unbearable.. I wish they would just hurry up and get to the main bits!

2 comments:

gloriakim said...

I always loved Hana Yori Dango, but I have to admit that sometimes Boys Before Flowers wears me thin ):

There's just so many illogical leaps. Hot guys? Yes. Entertaining? Check. But definitely not the best they could have done with it. ):

Anonymous said...

*Nod nod* Illogical and long winded, almost as if they have no story left to tell but just extending it for the sake of it. I heard the viewership is dropping but not sure how true. I cannot imagine why they want to stretch from 24 ep to 25 ep, I fail to think how they can make it better. I wonder if it's just me or there are increasing number of people who feel that way? This is another classic case of good start and potentially boring way to ending drama...