Friday, August 6, 2010

Hotaru no Hikari 2 Episode 5: Afterthought

Decide to post separately from my prev episode 5 summary else the post will be infinitely long:)

Hotaru no Hikari Ep 5: Afterthought

I was truly shocked when Buchou showed signs of hesitation and dropped the bomb on Hotaru! No I cannot believe it! I dont know why he said what he said. Was it because he didnt want to impose a change on Hotaru's lifestyle or that he think Hotaru is not ready to settle down? I hope this is just a "cliff hanger" and he will say something else in next epi. This is truly too much for my little fragile heart to bear!

The starting scene was funny. Sorry I didnt summarise it but Buchou had a flashback on Seno's confession and he was muttering to himself why he(Seno) would like Hotaru (seeing her scratch her arse and lazing ard ), and then he quickly caught himself realising he is one of them too! LOL.

Also there wasa scene in the meeting when Hotaru heard that Natsu made dried fish miso soup everymorning, she was shocked and thought to herself that Natsu was truly a match for Buchou. And when Seno said he doesnt eat breakfast because he was too lazy, and he rather spend an extra min to sleep, Hotaru stared at him and thought to herself that Seno is truly alike as her and compatible match with her!
I was laughing at this scene as Hotaru did her little self discovery at where she is lacking so badly as a potential homemaker... :)

Meanwhile, the disappointed expression of Buchou's face when he thought/ realise Hotaru "broke" her promise again for not making the breakfast soup was truly pricelss. I could really feel his big big disappointment there, as if Hotaru had really let him down. In fact when Hotaru persistently failed to show any true attempts for the first 3 days, I was a little annoyed at her cluelessness and being distracted so easily. I mean Buchou has really be patient and understanding with her, I felt she was abit thoughtless at that moment.

I am waiting to see how seno's side develop. Will he openly confess to Hotaru? Ooooo exciting... Viva Hotaru. Let;'s wait for ep 6 next week! (afterwhich I have to go for hiatus for ep 6, 8+9 since I will be heading back to sydney and then travelling to scandinavia)

5 comments:

olive said...

thank you for writing these summaries and afterthought! its crazy that they hav'nt uploaded the episodes with english translation yet. I need my daily fix of hotaru no hikari and I can only read your summary until they post the eps with the english subs. again, THANK YOU!

ps. I cant wait for seno/hotaru scenes! ^__^ i want buchou to be jealous for a change. wow, what part of scandinavia? ive always wanted to go to sweden

Tvadddict said...

Haa haaa.. glad to be a temp fix till the sub ep comes out:) I guess its faster and easier to write the translation than try to insert it into a episode to time it with the voice:)

I know I know! I cannot wait for the seno / hotaru scene though I wont try to hope too much since Hotaru really likes Buchou. Yeah I want Buchou to be alittle jealous too since he is too cool a dude:)

Heading to Copenhagen, Passing thru sweden gothenburg, to oslo and then the fjords:) So its gonna be a long trip:) It's my first trip and so am really excited:)

olive said...

I am still rooting for Hotaru/Buchou and Im feeling it wouldnt end nice for Seno (no matter how cute and compatible he is for Hotaru).

Wow, sounds really fun and that for your first trip! Im sure it will be, I am totally envious! ^___^

Tvadddict said...

I totally agree with u Olive! It wont be the same if Hotaru doesnt end up woth Buchou!!

Thanks, I hope it will be a fun trip too!!! :P

@lfani said...

Have fun on your holiday!!!
Copenhagen was a nice place, don't forget to check out the pub there (even just for the atmosphere)
I'm currently overseas too, and without a broadband speed I was counting on your recaps to follow what I've left in Melb.... so thank you for ep4 & 5 !!!

As much as I'm rooting hotaru/buchou.. i can't wait to see Seno in action too ^^

Re: why buchou dropped the bomb... well this is just my speculation.. but I think buchou might felt that the whole "marriage business" is a burden for Hotaru.. so keeping my good faith on buchou.. I choose to believe that he is thinking of what best for the love of his life?

(oh well.. can't wait for eps6 which has been aired like 3 hrs ago!!! kyaaaa.... )