Monday, August 30, 2010

K-Drama: Revenge of the Gumiho, Baker King KTG

Just wanted to shout out about the 2 dramas I have been doing marathon for days! Finished watching "Revenge of the Gumiho" and still chasing the tail of "Baker King, KTG".

Watched Revenge purely out of curiosity as to how the plot will develop. It's an ok series with strong moral ethical message but as all supernatural drama, its full of enormous loop holes and unexplainable scenes. Plus i didnt quite like the "love story" between the 10yr old and the older boy. I mean errr....sorry, 10yrs old is really too young to be in love as far as I am concerned, esp in an Asian society. I think even in olden days, they dont mature that young or fall in love that early. So I found the love concept alittle hard to accept and prob is what kills the joy of watching the drama partially. Towards the end, I felt the drama was losing steam and focus in the whole revenge plot, which also prompted me to skip forward here and there. A sad happy ending which aims to satisfy the mainstream crowd that supports the message all parents will do anything for their children, and a reminder not to sell your "soul and ethics" just for your personal selfish gain no matter how much glorify or try to justify a wrong doing.

Baker King on the otherhand is completely unexpectedly good. The up and downs were superbly captivating. The inner struggles between the step brothers, the evil plotting of the selfish mother and lover, the stupid father, the miserable ex-gf full of self-inflicted angst and the kind baker teacher....the interwinning destiny was totally absorbing! 4 more episodes to the end and I will surely be stewing in my seat for the 2 weeks while on holiday. Now that Kim has gone back to the main house with the father down with illness, I love to see the reaction of the stepmother and the lover..how much more schemeing can they go on when the dad has given Kim all the company shares? I was so sad the teacher died....I wish he lived on to see Kim succeed....i nearly wanted to cry...actually there were many moving scenes that touched me and draw me to tears.

If I must choose again, I would prob not pick up revenge of Gumiho and just stick to Baker king.

That's about all I suppose. Just wanted to do a short update before I go to sleep. It's 5am and I will surely pay for the sleep depriavtion tomorrow... ;p Laterz.

No comments: