Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hotaru no Hikari 2: Episode 6 Review and Summary

Oooo i love this episode! I cannot believe that Seno has confessed to Hotaru!!!! Ahhhhh!!!

The story continues from last week where Buchou told Hotaru that they should reconsider the wedding decision. Hotaru was shocked.


ホタルノヒカリ2 -  第6話:『結婚白紙!? ほっとく大作戦』
Hotaru no Hikari 2: Ep 6 Recap

Buchou asked her if she rem the last summer where she had fallen in love, the long awaited love. He asked her if she still rem the name of the other guy. Hotaru nodded and replied Buchou but was stumped when Buchou asked her for the full name. Buchou laughed good naturedly and commented that he was there throughout her love adventure that summer, seeing her so busy, crying and laughing over trivial matters, yet always trying her very best. Hotaru commented yet she didnt succeed. Buchou however told her that he thought she looked really cute at that moment when she was giving her all, and very loveable. However everything has changed now and he questioned himself if he had forced her to cause that change.

"Seeing you trying so hard because of the upcoming marriage, I felt that I was pushing u too hard/ asking too much." Buchou shared with her. Hotaru asked why was he saying all that. "Because the person who had raised the topic of wedding wasnt you, it was me. It's different from being in love (in a relationship). I felt perhaps marriage would give you some peace of mind, that was the conclusion I had derived on my own while thinking of you during the time you were away during the last 3 years. Yet, my decision had caused you to be unsettled and topsy turvy." Buchou explained. Hotaru said there is no such thing but Buchou questioned that she had prob never thought about marriage before he brought it up. "I am not saying you will never think in that way but the word "marriage" has also constraint you. All you have to is be yourself. So for the wedding, let's not do it. For your sake. But it doesnt meant we cannot live together." Hotaru asked if it was ok and Buchou assured her it will be as before.

That night, unable to sleep, Hotaru woke up for snackie consoling herself she wasnt ditched...and yet the more she thought about it...the more she talk hersel into "making advances" at Buchou to make him "her man". However her plans failed and while she was stuck with an awaken Buchou. She had to fake her way out with different "acts" to get back to her room. A confused Buchou muttered to himself "A face changing performance?" (Sorry I didnt quite get some of the name references Hotaru was refering to here before the rabbit face. I just assume it was some characters from manga or TV that she tried to fob her way thru)

Next morning, Hotaru met up with Natsu about work. the girl asked when will the wedding be and that the party must be held at her mum's shop. However Hotaru shared that the wedding is off. A shocked Natsu tried to talk Hotaru into talking with Buchou again or she will be troubled. Hotaru questioned "troubled" but Natsu brushed it off. In office, Hotaru shared with Sachiko about the wedding is off news and sachiko said might not be a bad thing to reconsider, as it was the same as her case. So she advised Hotaru to just "ignore"  Buchou and go see other guys and make Buchou nervous and have him propose again! Hotaru said that requires high skills but sachiko assured her it isnt. Meanwhile, Shouji overheard the Sakura and the other girl's conversation that Seno likes Hotaru!

As he bumped into Seno, Shouji couldnt resist sizing Seno up. "Such a small face" and continued pressing how old was Seno. 27yrs seno replied and Shouji commented such a young age! A puzzled Seno who was pushed to the wall was trying to squirm out of the way and said 27 really isnt young anymore. Shouji replied "but Takano is already 40yrs!  Seno asked why are they talking about Buchou. Then Shouji tried poking his face and commented such elasticity, and left Seno saying even his youth is already a threat!

At home, Hotaru and Seno discovered the cats have invaded her room and pee/shit all over her jersey pants! She wanted to rewear the pants but Buchou insisted that she should buy new ones, otherwise he will feel like he is hugging the shit too when he hugs her. The two started bickering and Hotaru "threatened" an unconcerned Buchou that she will start to ignore him from now on. Buchou let Hotaru be..When they were bickering, Buchou asked her why on earth did she agree not to marry and she said it was because of Buchou. They both went to and fro bickering that it was for each other and finally they made a "toast" to join the "not getting married" club. Hotaru declared that since they are not getting married, she will see other guys and perhaps a very attractive person. She even said she might met "her man" as she go buy her jersey and Buchou's only comment was to get him a new sleepwear.

Next day in office, Seno discovered that Hotaru was also heading for the jersey sale! During the Q, she questioned Seno the name of his ex and she happily grinned that he is exactly the same sort of person as he was when he couldnt rem the full name! In the crazy mob, Hotaru simply couldnt get her hands on anything. Meanwhile Seno was squashed in the crowd and fighting the mob to lay his hands on something. When he saw Hotaru, he gave her the attire that she was suppose to buy for buchou....

That night as they shared dinner and stories of their common simple happy childhood, afterwhich they both ended up singing in karoke to sing their childhood songs. Hotaru decided to make a move first as it was getting late. However as Seno chased out after her because he realised she had grabbed the wrong shopping bag and left her mobile, he saw her buying a can of beer and drinking alone.

Seno went up to her, and asked her to share her problems and what she had a tiff with Buchou. She was hesitant as she figured that he was the same as her and how could seno possibly have any good solutions. Seno meanwhile said he will be troubled if she and Buchou dont end up togther. Hotaru quizzed "Troubled?" and he quickly changed track and insisted that she should spill it. When he heard about her "plight", Seno told her the solution was simple. All she had to do was propose to Buchou! Since Buchou's concern was that she was trying so hard as he had propose, then all Hotaru had to do was to propose to Buchou in return. It was so simple. At the end, love only needs to consider one self regardless if its a guy or girl, and a person always trying to do the right thing will never succeed in love!

"You want to marry Buchou and doesnt want to give up right? So go tell him. Go propose to him!"
"How is it..how it possible that you can understand my feelings, the feelings that I have not told anyone!" Hotaru asked in shock and she wondered what sort of guy he is....def not a simple himo like she is!

"Because I like you. I like you. That's why I understand your feelings. I like you." Seno confessed to her.
Hearing that, a shocked Hotaru looked around but there was no one else. Seno looked at her in the eye and confessed he like her, and the things about her...Staring at a shocked Hotaru, Seno snapped back to reality and told her to forget everything, to wipe everything off he had said. Hotaru agreed and ran off. Seno realised he hasnt passed her back her phone but decided it was better not to and to leave it as it is for now.

Meanwhile, the jogging guy asked Buchou why does he always see things when he jogged? First it was Buchou ad Natsu, and now Seno and Hotaru chatting intimately. Buchou said he doesnt know why either and excused himself.

At home, an unsettled Hotaru rushed home to try to settle down. When she saw Buchou, she told him she has things to say to him, immediately now. Looking at her, Buchou said let's sit down and chat.

"I, I really like Buchou. very much, super very very much, even more and more than 3 years ago"
"I know. I know all these. Is this what u want to say to me?" Buchou asked. Changing track, Buchou asked Hotaru.
" oh have you bought the jersey? " Hotaru said no as she didnt see any she like. Buchou asked if she went alone and Hotaru lied. Buchou was alittle disappointed as he recalled the jogger's words about seeing her and Seno chatting intimately together.

"Buchou, the reason why i was trying so hard before for the wedding was because I like Buchou. I wanted to "repay" the Buchou who had thought of me for the 3 years I was away,  thus I was pushing myself to work hard for Buchou. but that is the real me." Buchou was dumbfounded by the confession. Hotaru continued, "So, can you marry me? Please, get married with me. Dont let go of me, don't not care of me/ignore me. I will always be Buchou's woman.!" Hearing the heartfelt sharing, Buchou smiled and agreed since that was what Hotaru wanted.

"Let's leave the not get married club and join the get married club Only the two of us and allow no one else. Even if there is someone else who wants to get in," Buchou proposed a toast. Hotaru asked what if the other person joins in the club uninvited? Buchou was taken back but Hotaru assured him that the other person will be booted out! Buchou smiled:)

Hotaru shyly asked Buchou that they should kiss. They chatted awkwardly about the first kiss and Buchou said it will be passionate and exhilarating and Hotaru went Wow! Yet staring at her with her eyes closed, Buchou simply didnt make a move. When hotaru said "Buchou?" Buchou came out of his daze and said he rem the funny rabbit look she made and Hotaru started to mimic the look. With that Buchou broke into a laugh and said no way he will kiss that funny face:) Then Hotaru rem the clothes she had gotten for Buchou and he was so happy she rem (and took the effort)! Unfortunately for them, it was the wrong top!!! Hotaru screamed and ran off while Buchou muttered to himself as he stared down at the dress "What on earth is this all about?!"

3 comments:

-kirah- said...

I`ve watch this episode last saturday, but I still want to read your recap ( the way you narrate the whole episode, it`s like I watch the episode again)....Hohoho, I totally agree with you, I love this episode as well...I love the way amemiya did the monomane, especially the rabbit part, it was so hilarious!!!! and the moment seno told amemiya that he loves her, i have goose bumps....Oh gosh, who will she end up with? buchou or seno? but, toward the end, I still prefer buchou! cant wait for episode 7....yosh!!!!

Tvadddict said...

Haa haaa, I reread my own summries sometimes too... haahaha. Just for the hell of it..Which was how I realise I had so many typo in this post to correct. I suppose typing at 5am really doesnt really help:)

Oh yes I love that rabbit face! I use to do it too when I was a kid! But my mouth will ache so much! My bro use to scare me that my inner cheeks will pop and I ill "turn ugly" if I continue so I stop!LOL

I think she will def end up with Buchou but I love to see if Buchou will stand firm in his love for her or he will self assume and "do the right thing" and try to "push" Hotaru to Seno because he is younger. I doubt it but let's see! Everyone is rooting for Buchou and Hotaru, it will kill us if they change it to Seno! (even if he is super cute here, the way he cares for Hotaru:P)

sandra said...

i want to watch it before reading it but i can't find a website that shows it, can you please tell me the websit that i could watch it in. i am iddcted to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please help me