Friday, August 20, 2010

K-Drama: My girlfren is a Gumiho

If you haven jumped onto the wagon in watching "My girlfriend is a Gumiho", perhaps its about time to realise you are missing out on something!
(credit source: SBS website)

I have got started on this immediately I got back (after watching Hotaru) and plus with good urging from fellow drama comrade Nimy, I have to say you really shouldnt pass this up.

The reason I had wanted to watch was because I like Seunggi. However after watching, i think the whole plot definitely has the potential to bring further good laughs on weekday night. It's original  in the sense that they transform a folklore into "reality" and have the nine tail fox experience the everyday norm of our lives in a different eye. Seunggi is really funny here. I love his varied expressive looks, and I sincerely think he is even better here than Brillant Legacy! Maybe his stint with 2 days 1 nites have done him good, opening him up and more communicative with his expressions. I like the subtle undertones of some of the lines too. if it wasnt unexpectedly good, it would have bordered on cheesy but it hasnt! Plus the scene where Seunggi was having his hair permed, I was laughing so hard because it reminded me of one episode in 2day 1 night where Ho Dong was making fun and taunting Seunggi - "Seunggi! You dun think well unless your hair is perm?" Hahaha!!

It's funny to see how the 9-tailed fox "threatened" to eat him and have seunggi's character sweating and squirming away...I laughed so hard everytime he cower in fear! Hahahahaha! I love the chemistry!!! Oh not to mention the Fox Hunter is quite a hottie in various angle. Ok, not so hot when he was dressed in the period costume but in modern days gear, OooooLala!!! It has to be the hair. Why am i falling for all the Korean men who are a little androgynous looking but with a hot bod?
(Credit source: SBS website)

Enough said, here is a short MV, which basically condensed the whole episode 1 into a 3min highlights to get you going:) All I can say for now, Go Hurry! Grab a seat before the couch! What are u waiting for? LOL

PS: Found the link for the song here. (credit)

1. Video MV (condensation of ep 1)


2. Drama Teaser

No comments: